Cz452 .22Lr

Get your hand in your pocket mate and get on with it :thumbs: On a serious note though just watch the ear whizzers. Will do :thumbs: On a serious note, the ricochets are one of the things that has always put me off the .22LR If you use the sub sonic I dont think the ricochet, mind you the are no good on rabbits only if you head shot the whole time, Ok for target shooting,

more research required :laugh::laugh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any round and any calibre can ricochet, frankly I get sick of hearing all this about the .22lr, in many cases regurgitated I'm sure by someone who read something. (I'm not pointing any fingers here)

I never understand this phrase, rifle/calibres/ammo are tools, some are better suited to some land/distances/quarry than others, like all tools, when you do a job you chose the best suited for that jo

Back home, removed the stock, oily rag over the metal parts and the stock. Scoped up with my Hawke Frontier 3-9x40 and pinched the bipod and SAK mod off my HMR ready for testing tomorrow. Pretty happy

Get your hand in your pocket mate and get on with it :thumbs:

On a serious note though just watch the ear whizzers.

Will do :thumbs:

On a serious note, the ricochets are one of the things that has always put me off the .22LR

If you use the sub sonic I dont think the ricochet, mind you the are no good on rabbits only if you head shot the whole time,

Ok for target shooting,

Where did you read that?

Oh and Elliot. Watch for ear whizzers mate. Without perfect shot placement and with impact on a hard surface such as a drystone wall, or a hard piece of log etc..... They ricochet like fook.

Or so someone said.....

One tip...

You mentioned the price included 300 rounds of ammunition.

Dealers tend to throw that in as part of a deal but it is not much good to you if those 300 rounds don't really suit your gun.

I suggest you get a box each of whatever the dealer has in stock and then find out what suits the rifle best.

Zero at 50 yards and you should get groups at that distance which fit in the area of a 20p coin but only with the right ammunition.

Broadly speaking, you will be able to shoot from 15 to 55 yards 'flat', meaning within an area of one inch or less without holdover or holdunder. After 55 yards you will have to aim progressively higher to compensate for the drop.

Lots of practice on paper targets.

Enjoy

Thanks chaps. I pick it up on Friday. Looking forward to trying it out on the golf course, should be a fair bit quieter than my HMR.

It's a private sale so hopefully the ammo is well suited to the rifle. Hopefully the current owner has done all the testing for me :)

Back home, removed the stock, oily rag over the metal parts and the stock. Scoped up with my Hawke Frontier 3-9x40 and pinched the bipod and SAK mod off my HMR ready for testing tomorrow. Pretty happy for £150 inc. ammo. Lets hope it shoots well :victory:

20140425_212651_zpsxycdrh74.jpg

20140425_212635_zpsx6mtmc4b.jpg

20140425_212622_zpsgiguhky8.jpg

20140425_212608_zps0glyk38t.jpg

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 2

Looks nice and great price. Dont expect to much from the ammo. My advice is to try some winchester subs and eley subs. If no joy try lapua subs or rws subs let us all

Know how ya get on

Atb

Dan

Nice rifle, mine was a synthetic stock and it loved winchesters.

Which Winchesters do you use, the Super X? Looks like there's a few different types.

What's the general consensus on optimum zero range, 50 yards?

used them Remington subbies for the last 10 years as long as you can hit where your aiming, then there excellent value for money

You must have been more fortunate than me, I used to use Eley and Remington all the time back in the target days and they performed well, my more recent experiences of Remington subs is terrible.

• Like 2

used them Remington subbies for the last 10 years as long as you can hit where your aiming, then there excellent value for money

You must have been more fortunate than me, I used to use Eley and Remington all the time back in the target days and they performed well, my more recent experiences of Remington subs is terrible.

not as good as eley but i have had no problems at all, the only difference they now come in plastic boxs of 100 rather than a cardboard box of 50 and there now 6.99 a 100 as opposed to 1.75 for 50 :laugh: