New Tx200 Mk 3

Hi fellas. Im a newbie on here so im sorry if i posted this in the wrong area....bare with me. Right..i have been shooting air rifles for about 28 years now from bsa meteors,lightnings, webley trackers. Weirauchs and all the usual pcps...s400. S410 etc and after a little break i started shooting again with another break barrel that im really not pleased with at all. Im not going to publically slate a manufacturer though on here, its only my opinion of the rifle in question. So...its being traded in for a mk 3 tx 200, full length not hc. Can anyone give any advice about them as all i hear is good things but its nice to hear an unbiased view of something. I have chosen the .177 model as i do like a flatter trajectory. Any advice is most welcomed. Many thanks fellas.

Hello mate,

The tx200 is top of my buying list!

I have read numerous reviews on this rifle from many different sources and they've all been glowing reports.I recently tried one at the range and it was a real pleasure to shoot and spot on for accuracy. Check out the review centre website and read what people have said about it. Also if you look through some of the historic posts on this forum, you'll definitely come across someone who asked the same question. As soon as i can justify the cash... I'm getting one.

Hope that helps.

Daryl

Hi Matt and welcome here! :thumbs:

Realistically, the TX200 and TX200HC are superb air rifles. No question. I've owned both Mk.III versions and still have my Mk.III TX200HC .177. Carbine.

In .177 calibre particularly, they are amazingly accurate. The only real gripe with the TX200 rifle I had with mine was, the underlever seemed to be a bit loosely fitted and 'wayward' when you closed it back up after loading. It didn't relocate into the ball detent cleanly and precisely as Weihrauch underlevers do on their 97' and '77 rifles. It tended to waver about and lock-up askew and off-centre until you corrected it squarely back into place.

The TX200HC has a much better lock-up. Whether this is due to the fact it is a shorter-length lever, better hinge/pivot I don't know. The only other downside is that, the cocking handle on this rifle slips a little forward with regular use and makes the underlever very stiff to lock up securely into the ball detent; until you give it a few taps on the cocking handle head with a hammer to push it back into place a little.

One thing though, if you get a good one, you get a brilliant one!

Edited to add:

If you buy one check and make sure it's been properly lubed. My TX200 .22 rifle was found to be bone dry! :icon_eek: That said though, it was still amazingly consistent over the Chrono. Ultimately though, I just could not "gel" with it and sold it for the .177 Weihrauch HW97K I now have. That is an incredibly accurate and reliable air rifle, well worth considering too!

Best wishes for your intended purchase.

Simon

Edited by pianoman

I thought my tx200 mk3 hc .177 was brilliant till I shot a mk2 it is a far faster and sweeter shot cycle than the mk3

the mk3 was made for the export market, it was built with enough stroke to run at 20fpe plus.

At sub 12fpe its slow and lazy and can be hold sensitive .

the mk1 and 2 have 14 mm less stroke and are far more efficient.

The mk3 can be tuned into something special a friend of mine has one which has been short stroked.

his has a longer piston/latch rod 14mm the piston has been lightened to 220 grams its had 5mm wide bearings added to the piston instead of the useless air arms ones it runs with a miccari seal new spring with top hat and new better fitting spring guide

the transfer port has been opened up.

It is the best springer I have ever shot and I have had a few.

venom lazaglides vmachs sfs stage 2 tunes all nice rifles but this is the best of them by far

dave price tunes them like this he now machines the piston to take the new hw seals or vortek

For £150 its well worth it I will be getting mine done

atb

David

Edited by valboskie

Thank you for the replies fellas. I picked it up this afternoon and havent had much time with it as my better half has found lots of jobs for me to do today...surprise surprise its saturday!!! So i will get it zeroed properly tomorrow and post the results. From what i have learned so far it LOVES rws superdomes. I will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Can only say I've held and shot a few through a HC, not the usual TX200. Absolutely fine rifle and if I had the money, it would be between a HW97, HW98 or the TX200HC....

Probably more so in the .22 cal as it's my taste but any cal of this rifle would make a great rifle to hunt or plink with ;)