My Own Experiences In Sandwell Field Sports Tuning

Hello gentlemen,

There is a lot of good advice in this forum gentlemen but i wanted to pass this on. I myself have just picked up my first Sandwell Field Sports tuned HW rifle after reading reviews on the company and watching certain You Tube channels. To be honest at first i was sceptical of these reviews and results demonstrated on You Tube from these rifles especially when i knew that some of the demos were being done and shown on You Tube by SFS sponsored shooters. This was the case until I saw that more and more shooters were raving about their tuned rifles that Tony Wall had tuned for them. People as well that had no affiliation to SFS at all. Why would they want to make stories up I thought? Anyway the more i researched the more it became apparent that SFS is the place to go for spring rifle tuning. A company with great reviews, great customer service praise and is well known and respected. So I went and took my chances and ordered a .22 SFS Imp with Hawke mildot scope. This rifle i wanted as a back up rifle to my BSA Ultra. Well what i can say is the back up as now become my main rifle and the Ultra fab as it is is now the back up rifle. The Imp is amazing and so accurate to shoot even by someone like myself who i would call a average shot. The rifle is quiet in operation, smooth to cock and a joy to use. SFS is now highly recommended from me and to the people i used to have scepticism for I truly apologise, your bang on right with the reviews and what you show.

• Like 2

I just wish i had the money other wise i would have one myself same as you have never delt or seen a sfs rifle yet but should i ever have the money i will be getting one myself. But at the mo im stuck with a decent 90 and a tr 77 but one day i will have a tony wall tuned rifle.

My tr 77 is welsh willy tuned and that is great. But a sfs is a dream gub for me.

Another happy SFS customer. You really can't go wrong with Sandwell field sports. They are the only place I would get a springer tuned and my blog reflects this through their hard work and dedication to making sure their customers are happy.

It's really nice to see other shooters who have taken the time to do their research and then post a glowing report. Well played Tanican for taking the effort to post this.

I will add that I have not tried any other tuner so there could very well be better ones out there but from the start before they were massively advertised on Youtube I had my first rifle tuned from them and will never try another tuner as I am as happy as Larry with sfs.

All the best

Mawders

• Like 1

Fair enough if you what me to elaborate i will. I took a gun in a while back to get its power checked Tony said it was under powered so was going to leave it with them to have a look at.Tony said i would have it back in 2 months so i says that is to long for me to wait and will fix it myself.Not a big deal as it is only a s410 and they are easy to work on,with that tony spat his dummy out and said there are bolts snapped on the gun and don't bring the fecking thing back to me after you have messed about with it.By the way all the bolts were in good condition and none were missing.when i looked at the gun at home there was no air in it and the seal was blown on the filling adapter. The gun went in full came out empty with the seal scraped.All the gun needed was a hammer spring and the power setting. I take as i find and to be honest i dont like the man.I am not running their place down by the way just think tony talks a load a shite.

Thanks for your input zx12. obviously it would be wrong for us to comment as there is always two sides to a story and alot of people around that are happy to invent stories that never happened to put people off going in the shop. I will point out I am not aiming that at you.

I cant imagine Tony being like that if I am totally honest as I have NEVER heard him talk like that to anyone whilst I have been there, even people that are stood there testing his steel. Ive always known him to be fair and honest.

I'll have to ask him the next time I am up there if he recalls this episode.

Happy shooting people.

Mawders

Thanks for your input zx12. obviously it would be wrong for us to comment as there is always two sides to a story and alot of people around that are happy to invent stories that never happened to put people off going in the shop. I will point out I am not aiming that at you.

I cant imagine Tony being like that if I am totally honest as I have NEVER heard him talk like that to anyone whilst I have been there, even people that are stood there testing his steel. Ive always known him to be fair and honest.

I'll have to ask him the next time I am up there if he recalls this episode.

Happy shooting people.

Mawders

Well i certainly was not testing his steel as you put it fella. There is more to the story but i could not be arsed to type it down on here and if you ask him and he is honest with you no doubt he can fill you in. I have no interest in who does or does not frequent their shop. For the record i for one am not prone to invent stories (not saying that you are accusing me of that).

More to the point zx12 did you get your gun fixed in the end? Nothing worse than a shooter with a broken gun. ;-)

Mawders

Put a new hammer spring in give it a clean and some new seals good as new again for the grand sum of £10 for the bits result :thumbs:

• Like 1

I honestly wish I'd of used Sandwell when I got mine tuned. Had it done recently came back as smooth as silk, put a pellet on turret and it would just about move, noticed last time I took it out that it seemed a bit more of a kick to it. Put pellet on top to test flew a mile away lol.