Since My Last Russell Post

Hey all right since my last post the jack russel has slightly improved she is still very shy of rough ground and Alot of the time just stands and crys although I refuse To go get her I leave her so she has to go over under or through little bits just to get her used to the rought ground she has had a mooch round the holes sticks her head in now and again I noticed someone saying take her without lurchers this is a little difficult as I have three lurchers and her lol and like to walk them all problem being I have a stubborn wife lol I wudnt be able to take one then come back and take the others so do u think she will still learn when lurchers are out if I get out with working terriors and the lurchers she's still only 6 n half mounths now so atm I'm letting her be a puppy not rushing her at all just taking her out over rough get her used to it also guys any tips on stopping her yapping when one of my dogs runs passed her or they try and play etc she yaps her head off is this ok or shall I try and stop it somehow

Some terriers are just yappy mate she'll probably calm when she gets into her work ,and starts using her nose to find her way round.....get her where there's plenty of scent or she had 1/2 chance of seeing something the penny WILL drop.

But can be a game when lurchers are tearing around ,a pup will be more interested in that than hunting

Edited by roybo

i would take the pup out were there is plenty of scent and keep 2 of the lurchers on the lead for a portion of the walk and the other one on a slip in case the pup gets on a scent and bolts something, just let the pup be a pup there shouldnt be any pressure on it as its still young if there is scent it should follow its nose into cover then when your nearing the end of your walk let them all loose for a run and a play then clear off home and always end anything with a pup on a good note. Atb TBB

• Like 1

I got a Russell other week she is 11 months old never been worked but I've taken her out with my other dogs and my mates two terrier the first two times showed no signs of any working in her but on the third time we knocked a couple of bunnys about an my little lurcher bitch flys in cover and is very vocal this wound her up

The bitch just started working steady at first but this bitch now nothing will stop her getting in the cover I put this down to the vocal dog getting her excited and her then entering the cover an seeing a couple of bunnys running round all I'll say is Iam no expert but just getting her out and around the cover she will soon pick it up wish you the very best with the Russell

An as already been said just don't rush A.T.B