Fly Fishing Pike

I had a go on the canal a few years back and caught on flys I'd knocked up with tinsel off the Christmas tree . Didn't get anything of any size but I did catch . It's not really any different to lure fishing in that if you put a fly or lure in front of a pikes nose they will more often than not just react and take it rather than think about it .

leey the river Tees has one or two lads fishing for pike with lures useing a fly rod,usually around the Yarm and Aislby area.dunno where yer are in yorkshire but north yorkshire borders Yarm,north on the A1 then onto the A19 take the Yarm/Crathorne turn off yer cant go wrong plenty of free water aw well as club water.the river from stockton to aislaby is full of Pike some very good fish to,start at Stockton on Tees from the tees barage then to thornaby then ingleby barwick,then eaglesclife,then yarm and finally aislaby.they is pike after this but in general the river sstart to get fast and more suited to the fly game angler dont get me wrong theys still quite a few after aislaby but from the tees barrage in stocton up to aislaby its about 10-12 miles or so of nearly still freshwater itwas once a tidal stretch but the barrage ended that makeing it still and now very clean water which was once grossly polluted but its jammed with pike both small and very large they has been some high end 20s and small end 30s been caught quite regular like i say i seen a few ppl useing fly gear for them,they take small dace roach etc.. when course anglers are fishing they take right off the surface or near enough when they are landeing fish so fishing a surface lure will do the trick

Sound cheers for all reply's and info going to have a crack at it on river got some big ones by me so I'll go down I'm keighley Bradford area so some good stretches of river and canal for me cheers..

• Like 1