when ?

well i never would shoot one with an air rifle. i shot one ONCE. years and years ago when i was a kid. i was so proud of my shot and went bragging to my dad........... :boxing: i learnt never to shoot one again with a rifle pretty fast!! :icon_redface:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the end of the day if you can bring one of these birds down with your airfifle humanly and your taking the odd one for the pot then fair doos!!! Just dont go letting the local shoot know :icon_redface: Or youll end up with no mates :yes:

Just put to mind the hours and hours of work that came from the keeper for those birds B) SHHHH

Some of the things you post just go to show how much of an idiot you are :doh::doh: Don't shoot them full stop with an air rifle!!!

Guest little_lloyd
At the end of the day if you can bring one of these birds down with your airfifle humanly and your taking the odd one for the pot then fair doos!!! Just dont go letting the local shoot know :icon_redface: Or youll end up with no mates :yes:

Just put to mind the hours and hours of work that came from the keeper for those birds B) SHHHH

Some of the things you post just go to show how much of an idiot you are :doh::doh: Don't shoot them full stop with an air rifle!!!

:feck::feck:

OK in your opinion its wrong to shoot a pheasant with a air rifle 8) In mine i think its ok if you can do the job properly.

sorted :yes:

yes i agre im on little_lloyd side with that dont you think there is more chance of not killing a woody humanly than a phesant iv shot plenty whats just flew away and im prety shore i wont be the only one on this site or who as shot at woodys but yet evry phesant iv shot at its bin killd humanly

:feck::feck:

OK in your opinion its wrong to shoot a pheasant with a air rifle 8) In mine i think its ok if you can do the job properly.

sorted :yes:

Then you should not be let loose with an air gun. Its as simple as that. Take a look at ANY of the recognised shooting organisations and all of them condone shooting pheasants with a 12ft/lb air rifle.

very true,its a clean kill or a clean miss..... i just dont agree with shooting game with an air rifle. would you shoot a hare with an air rifle?! actually,you'd better not answer that! :doh:

Edited by pitindall1978

and thats ok?to hit it in the chest? so you think theres better sport coursing hares than shooting them but its sporting to shoot a bird that(lets admit it)isnt too bothered about hiding from you on the ground? :wallbash:

im flinty2 at tho because im suspended for a few days i used txt talk i think :whistling: yes i do think its more sporting and yes you are right they dont seem to be that shy do they still there plenty of more things to hunt untill i get a shot gun or fac rifle and if u dont miss but dont hit the chest not every shot gose left or right or up

lord help the country side if you ever get either :doh:

So its wrong to use an airrifle to shoot pheasants......does the same go for the hundreds of keepers

that use .22 rimfire to shoot foxes...you'll find that their not recommended for shooting foxes but everyone still doe's it,dont they... :thumbs:

Guest little_lloyd

So its wrong to use an airrifle to shoot pheasants......does the same go for the hundreds of keepers

that use .22 rimfire to shoot foxes...you'll find that their not recommended for shooting foxes but everyone still doe's it,dont they... :thumbs:

:yes::yes:

Well put!!

Many people and not just keepers still shoot foxes with a rimmy, even tho thier not recomended for fox shooting :no: And this lot are moaning about head/neck shots to a pheasant with an air rifle :doh

im not saying that an air rifle cant kill a pheasant humanely,im saying its not sporting to do so.....just my opinion.... anyway,think this arguement has gone on long enough!lets just agree to disagree! :bye: