• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes probly why not?

Presumably you would be using a lamp?

The use of an artificial light source, ie lamp, night vision etc, can only be used on birds on or in a man made structure. :hmm:

I cant remember the last time I saw pheasants roosting in farm buildings or under a bridge.

ID

thanks for the replies looks like i wil have to try moonlightin then but i have saw loads of phesants on the floor wile ferreting the otherday and was realy easy shots some black ones to and would the keepers pen be ok as it would have been man made by him :whistling: iv saw them roostin in pens [bANNED TEXT] ... flinty

Edited by flinty

Flinty

It sounds to me like you're on a fasttrack to losing your permission !

I'm not a big fan of shooting pheasants with an air gun at the best of times, I'm not sure if its legal but shooting them at night isn't. It's also against every code of conduct there is to shoot them in the pen !

If this is a keepered shoot which you've been allowed to ferret on, then I suggest you leave the birds alone. Otherwise you'll likely lose your ferreting and maybe more besides :icon_eek:

Flinty

It sounds to me like you're on a fasttrack to losing your permission !

I'm not a big fan of shooting pheasants with an air gun at the best of times, I'm not sure if its legal but shooting them at night isn't. It's also against every code of conduct there is to shoot them in the pen !

If this is a keepered shoot which you've been allowed to ferret on, then I suggest you leave the birds alone. Otherwise you'll likely lose your ferreting and maybe more besides :icon_eek:

I completlely agree.................................

if you are on to a good thing..why spoil it??? there are loads of keen lads oput there that struggler to gain permission.....for reasons like the one you mention.

Dont cock it up for yourself or others by being daft...

.....................not only that.....it isnt at all sporting....and if you get caught..your likely to get the shoeing of your life

even though there wild , as you say , is there a shoot on the land or near by .

you would still need permission , lamping ( birds ) is totally illegal , unless ferals with a permit , or unless your poaching of course .

any how :pardon: ,

and an air rifle is not really the tool for the job , yea it can be done , but humane is the name of the game for most of us .

it wil probly be in the day i shoot them and have shot a few with the air rifle and humanly with head shots i always try and kill this with head shots inles its just a mistake and hits somwer close 2 the head and gets chance to run off or fly off ... flinty

I have shot many a phez with ye olde .22 air rifle. As long as you shoot them in the nugget then they die instantly. In fact I would say that this method is more humane when done propper than a shotie is as the big bore can easily wound and the bird can do one with a gut full o lead. DOH!

JPT

Edited by jpt

maybe so unless......................."inles its just a mistake and hits somwer close 2 the head and gets chance to run off or fly off ..." that would be a funny statement if it didnt involve a bird suffering! when shooting any gun at live quarry there should be NO mistakes.(plus,flinty asks when the season is,THEN says he's shot them before............ :hmm: )

I really can't believe what I have just read :no::no: Here are 2 supposed country lads, 1 hasn't got a clue about quarry and how and how not to kill them and even the open season for his "quarry" and then we have another one who is advocating poaching. Flinty I am hoping that you are naive and new to field sports and can be guided in the right direction but willrennyferreter you i'm afraid are just a twat. How can you brag about poaching? There are alot of young people out there who read these posts. What sort of impression does that give?