Phil Robertson

Who is he?

Feck knows mate,,,,some red neck,,,,never herd of him,,,,these lot will watch anything,,,,now when's Geordie shaw back on,,lol

Lol tomo, I can mind you havering on about some reality show, boys and lassies sharing a house, going on nights out lol. Is that Geordie shaw?

• 2 weeks later...

I like Phil.

He was misquoted in a magazine article. They said he's racist, and a homophobe, but they selectively edited out the part where he said everyone is entitled to their way of life and has a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. He said his religion condemns homosexuality but he preaches love and tolerance (he's the local church pastor) despite disagreement.

A&E started Duck Dynasty as a "let's let everyone laugh at the rednecks" type of show but have been burned by the positive family reception it's gotten instead. They wanted a family for people to point and laugh at. What they got was a family that most Americans admire for the unity.

When the show was being filmed Phil insisted on the family shot of them eating together and the prayer before the meal. He wouldn't do it otherwise. A&E agreed, despite their misgivings and the Robertsons have made A&E a shit tonne of money despite it being a scripted reality show. A&E made a stand and the Robertson family stuck together and told them they're out.

Phil came from nothing. Turned down an NFL contract because it interfered with duck season. Patented his duck call and made them by hand one at a time. He grafted his way to his fortune. His son took the business and made it what it is today. I don't subscribe to his religion, or politics, but this is one fella that worked his way to where he is, with only his family to rely on. I admire that.

Beard and camo aside he's devoted to his wife and kids. His family support each other throughout everything. We could all benefit from that message despite the quality of this show.

• Like 6