I think the big man would have been cocking an eye to shipping out Van Persie and maybe Rooney now, he had the knack of buying forwards as they were peaking and getting 2 or 3 seasons out of them.

I believe this also kept the squad on their toes.

Meeting Rooneys wage demand was a bad move, it's comfort zone stuff which is never good.

It reeks of desperation at a club that, lets face it, should have every player in the world queuing round the block to join.

I never believed he was upto the job (Moyes) and I still don't .........biggest club in the world having to spend its way out of bother out of desperation? What's all that about?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope they give him another 5 years! This shite is funny haha

DONT SAY I NEVER WARNED YOU !!!!!!!

and everton with a new manager doing far better than they ever did under moyes tells its own story

Posted Images

Fellani was a peace offering to Everton, it has to be. You are right about the aging team fergie left but its a no win for him. What chairman would give a manager a war chest they know is about to leave and the guy replacing him will want to spend. Plus fergie wouldn't want to start building someone else's team knowing they'd want to do there own thing. Look what moyes did with the back room staff, maybe moyes told fergie he wanted to start from scratch. The problem lies with filling fergies boots. Imagine your a Man U player, take Rooney for example. You get off the team bus in hospitable grounds, sit in the dressing room, nerves building up, important game.... You glance over at the boss, fergie, showing no signs of fear. You think of the tactical genius at work, killing off countless teams and so called great managers over the years. All of a sudden you've got that swagger back, your Man U ffs, fear no one with fergie in the dug out, the world admire the guy. He leaves and gets replaced by moyes. No pedigree, no fear factor, no tactical prowess, the nerves kick in. All of a sudden the pitch is huge, no reassuring glance to the bench to see someone who knows what's needed, your on your own. Even worse when at home with all these fans who have seen you control the league most of there life's, now you hear the groans and it magnitudes every tackle and decision. A club like Man U needs a manager who the players can respect. A guy who has been there and done it. A manager who doesn't look upto the players instead of them looking upto him. That's the problem moyes faces. I can imagine moyes telling these top class players they ain't playing well and them turning round and saying, I'm a better player than you are a f*****g manager. What could he say?

It's called having a manager who's track record speaks for itself at the highest level.........they don't have that in Moyes

They don't wilf. It's like us going in and giving them a team talk, they'd be like, who the f**k are you? His tactics and playing players out of position must have the players feeling a vote of no confidence.

• Like 1

does anyone think fergie knew what he was doing getting that idoit moyes to take over did fergie know moyes would make a mess of it mayabe at best turn them into a stable 5/6/7th team place in the league , was fergie scared of the special one or another top winning manger taking over and sign top class players and take utd to the next level and win/dominate europe/premership for years and mayabe win more than fergie or win more champions league than fergie was fergie scared of that did fergie want to leave with the attuide no one will beat my record at utd i will go down as the greatest manager at utd , moyes is boring who would that idiot inspire to join utd you would run a mile but if the special one or rodgers etc wanted to sign you their attitude, desire their winning talk would excite a player to join them MOYES OUT

• Like 1

It's double trouble for the likes of MU because they rely so much on sales to people who like them because they win things.

Don't get me wrong, IMHO every club in the PL will have to forget about old time fans a bit in favour of becoming "a brand" or they will die.

My guess is that you will see a very different PL in 30 years.......it will consist of about 8 teams

The rest will be almost amature.

does anyone think fergie knew what he was doing getting that idoit moyes to take over did fergie know moyes would make a mess of it mayabe at best turn them into a stable 5/6/7th team place in the league , was fergie scared of the special one or another top winning manger taking over and sign top class players and take utd to the next level and win/dominate europe/premership for years and mayabe win more than fergie or win more champions league than fergie was fergie scared of that did fergie want to leave with the attuide no one will beat my record at utd i will go down as the greatest manager at utd , moyes is boring who would that idiot inspire to join utd you would run a mile but if the special one or rodgers etc wanted to sign you their attitude, desire their winning talk would excite a player to join them MOYES OUT

That could have been the case or maybe the top managers didn't want the job for fear of failure, not living upto fergie. Lets face it, he was the best, I can't see if anyone took over and did well that would have changed. But imagine if you were morinhio, took over, you'd be constantly getting compared to fergie no matter if you were winning or losing. If anything, winning the league last season has made moyes job harder or anyone else who was going to take over. It shows how much respect fergie had to get what's basically the same mediocre players to rise and play way above themselves to win the league for his final season.

Don't agree with that Baw, these people have done enough to be held in regard in their own right........if the likes of Jose had come in you wouldn't even be thinking about Fergie in a managerial sense. Jmho

Not sure about Fergie picking Moyes to secure his legacy, that's a conspiracy theory I won't buy into... His record at UTD is untouchable...

Wilf, your 100% right about the commercial aspect, when I was a kid Liverpool were the team, loads of my mates were Liverpool fans, in the last 20 years it's been UTD.. Because they've been winning, now the Chelsea and man city kids will be coming along..

It won't be lost on the corporate side of UTD the money they will lose if they spend years in the "wilderness" will cost the millions, 100's of millions probably... That's why Moyes hasn't got the time Fergie had to start winning, it's a different animal now, it's not nice as a football fan, and I've been a fan if UTD as my only club I've followed 30 odd years, but money is what drives it along now, UTD rely on generating the majority, they can't afford not to be competing

• Like 2

Don't agree with that Baw, these people have done enough to be held in regard in their own right........if the likes of Jose had come in you wouldn't even be thinking about Fergie in a managerial sense. Jmho

It's hard to say wilf, it's such a special case. Not many mangers stay at a club for 23 years. A lot of water under the bridge to forget. I could imagine the arsenal fans forgetting quick if wenger left and they got a successful man in but not fergie but who knows.

It's hard to say wilf, it's such a special case. Not many mangers stay at a club for 23 years. A lot of water under the bridge to forget. I could imagine the arsenal fans forgetting quick if wenger left and they got a successful man in but not fergie but who knows.

That's the problem, he was a one off,

I've got a feeling Rodgers could be of the same ilk, got the feeling he'll have a long stint at Liverpool.

Finding a manager to suit the big clubs ( or any club really) is so hard now, in one breath you need to give them time in the next they need results because of the coin... And the impatient fans.

Mourinho will go down as a great, if he settles at Chelsea it will do him the power of good.

The thing with UTD is Fergie brought back glory to a sleeping giant, a club which since sir Matt had not reached the heights, Liverpool became the force, Fergie took them on as the underdog, he instilled that into players, they fought for him no doubt.

Moyes turns up with UTD champions, but a squad which is not good enough to compete, sides all around him up another couple of notches.. It's a no win situation.

Not sure about Fergie picking Moyes to secure his legacy, that's a conspiracy theory I won't buy into... His record at UTD is untouchable...

Wilf, your 100% right about the commercial aspect, when I was a kid Liverpool were the team, loads of my mates were Liverpool fans, in the last 20 years it's been UTD.. Because they've been winning, now the Chelsea and man city kids will be coming along..

It won't be lost on the corporate side of UTD the money they will lose if they spend years in the "wilderness" will cost the millions, 100's of millions probably... That's why Moyes hasn't got the time Fergie had to start winning, it's a different animal now, it's not nice as a football fan, and I've been a fan if UTD as my only club I've followed 30 odd years, but money is what drives it along now, UTD rely on generating the majority, they can't afford not to be competing

Football is a buisness now.

They have got to be competing in the champions leauge.

Or the shares will drop and so will the revenue.

thats why im very suprised moyes is even in that job.

Dont understand it myself why they picked an average manager with no experience of winning and europe and big stage.

They have picked an average manager and now getting average result with a below par team.

Its just hard to understand how fergie won the leauge last year so easy.

I've got a feeling Rodgers could be of the same ilk, got the feeling he'll have a long stint at Liverpool.

Finding a manager to suit the big clubs ( or any club really) is so hard now, in one breath you need to give them time in the next they need results because of the coin... And the impatient fans.

Mourinho will go down as a great, if he settles at Chelsea it will do him the power of good.

The thing with UTD is Fergie brought back glory to a sleeping giant, a club which since sir Matt had not reached the heights, Liverpool became the force, Fergie took them on as the underdog, he instilled that into players, they fought for him no doubt.

Moyes turns up with UTD champions, but a squad which is not good enough to compete, sides all around him up another couple of notches.. It's a no win situation.

Its still bit early for rodgers yet.

Give him few years and experience and I belive he will be there with mournio and fergie

Its still bit early for rodgers yet.

Give him few years and experience and I belive he will be there with mournio and fergie

He says the right things, and gets his teams playing.

No way Fergie... Maybe Morhino lol...

No....long way to go, but definitely doing the right things already.

Fergie thought Moyes would come in and be moulded to the United he left, that's why he advised him to keep his back room staff on until Moyes found his feet. Moyes wanted to be his own man though and brought his own staff over with him - big mistake in my eyes.. :yes: The way Moyes is talking you'd think he was brought in to help a struggling team, he said in a press conference a few weeks ago that "Manchester United would rise again.." That said it all for me, the team are current champions, it hadn't fallen until he stamped over everything.. Also stuck in my throat when he said that Liverpool were coming to OT as favourites a few weeks back, admitting defeat before a ball had even been kicked. I can't imagine any other manager saying that in a fixture like that, like Brendon Rodgers said, even if Liverpool were bottom of the table fighting a relegation battle it's not something you say when one of your biggest rivals are playing on your turf. The man is too small time, too cautious to manage a club of United's stature..