E - Petition .22 Rf Pistols. Coordinated By Shooting Organisations

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/62588

This petition was set up by Firearms UK, an association I'm an admin for. We have launched this petition in the hope that with our contacts in other shooting organizations ( many of whom have been extremely supportive ), and with our wider goal of being a proactive organization in defense of ALL shooting sports, we can create a coordinated response to this petition from the shooting community. This is not only in the interests of fostering increased unity and solidarity throughout all the various sections of the shooting community, but in the pursuit of genuine change.

We have seen an overwhelming and increasing response to campaigns in reactive defense of shooting over the last couple of years with the Petition against WHSmiths seeing over twelve thousand signatures, and the petition to the Scottish Govt over airgun licensing almost doubling that. The Firearms UK team strongly believes that as well as a reactive defense of shooting sports, we can not claim progress or success through the continuation of the status quo, and for that reason Firearms UK aims to take more proactive measures to defend and protect shooting sports. However we are unable to achieve any of this without the support of the shooting community, and for this reason, I humbly urge you all to sign.

James Reynolds - Firearms UK Admin - WHSmiths Petition Founder.

Personal thanks and appreciation to all who support Firearms UK - If you don't know anything about firearms UK Facebook us or check out our website. If you would like to show support please buy some merchandise, the money made from the merchandise is all put directly back into funding campaigns in support of shooting sports. The team put together running firearms UK are all volunteers, and receive no payment for their commitment and dedication to defending shooting sports.

( Note to Mods. If there is already a topic running on the subject of this petition, could you kindly merge threads)

What "contacts in shooting organisations" do you mean?.......if you mean BASC then personally I wouldn't trust those greedy bunch of clowns to run a bath never mind "stick up for my rights"

Jmho

Thank you to those who have signed and supported. Firearms UK is a relatively new organization but already has very good links through its previous campaigning efforts with other more well established shooting organizations as well as in the shooting press. The campaign has the support of many governing organizations for shooting, and the more obscure organizations. If you have any questions about the Unity Campaign, or Firearms UK ask on here and i shall do my best to answer them.

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who has signed the petition so far. To those I haven't i would implore you to reconsider. A key part of our unity campaign is to encourage all firearms enthusiasts to show solidarity and support each other. United we can have a much stronger voice.

WILF- BASC are one of the major organisations that are supporting the petition and have shared the petition extensively and have devoted a fair amount of time to the task. SACS, DTSGB and GTN are also supporting us officially.

Sorry matey, but not for me the likes of them......they lick politicians arses by throwing other valid field sports to the wolves!!

Unity??.......it's a one way street with them shooting organisations, and yes I am a SGC and fac holder.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who has signed the petition so far. To those I haven't i would implore you to reconsider. A key part of our unity campaign is to encourage all firearms enthusiasts to show solidarity and support each other. United we can have a much stronger voice.

WILF- BASC are one of the major organisations that are supporting the petition and have shared the petition extensively and have devoted a fair amount of time to the task. SACS, DTSGB and GTN are also supporting us officially.

Where were the basc at al. when the ban came in? HIDING they spineless b*****ds fed us to the wolves in the past years I've signed countless petitions for the reinstation of .22lr handguns it is a fantasy to believe it makes any difference.

simple question just how many organisations do we need? in my opinion since we are part of Europe then we should adopt FACE we might just have the clout to make a difference then.

Regardless of what you feel towards an organisation and what they may or may not have done, we must strive to work together. This is not about denominational politics, but about genuine unity. Mutual support gives tremendous strength and, at some point, it might just pay off.

We need to focus more on licensing the individuals and less about the type of firearm. Is there greater risk to public safety from pistol ownership than rifle ownership? Of course not. Therefore we are delighted to support this campaign. Let's keep at it and stay positive. Best, Alex