Hw100 Arrives & Night Shooting Rabbits

im going off my .177 's :blink:

alays used .22 then had both for last couple of years and its just more to think about!

sometimes I feel I need to use one or the other and stick to it! and im leaning towards .22 ! :thumbs:

I have 3 .177 and 3 .22 , just love using .22

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't tested the number of shots from the HW100K yet but from what I've been reading, the carbine versions produces between 45 & 50 shots in 177.   I'll do a test when the stock arrives. I

I get 5 mags out of my 100ks. never fill to 300 daz

are you having a funny turn or some thing , have you taken your medication yet Hw 100s are one of the quietest guns about ,a lot quieter than any BSA

Posted Images

Here's the positives and negatives I've noticed with the HW100.

Positives

Nice mag system - doesn't double load and 14 shots.

Feels nice, solid and robust with a nice finish.

Smooth trigger action.

I like the balance - some people say it's too front heavy but I like it. I like the size and think it's very pointable.

Very quiet with HW mod.

Looks quite easy to work on - I'm defo fitting a new valve and hammer spring and removing the anti tamper.

Only shot it over 25 yards but it seems damn accurate.

Negatives

I don't like the side lever - the BSA bolt is so much better - quicker, smoother. I prefer it.

Despite being quiet, there is a slight hammer ping on firing - should be able to sort this out though.

The plastic trigger shoe! I hate it, don't like plastic parts - definitely getting a rowan engineering upgrade.

I think it will make a great summer time hunter. Very light weight and pointable so should be good for carrying around my permissions. All the negatives (except the side lever) I should be able to solve.

Positives

Smooth trigger action.

I like the balance - some people say it's too front heavy but I like it. I like the size and think it's very pointable.

Very quiet with HW mod.

Looks quite easy to work on - I'm defo fitting a new valve and hammer spring and removing the anti tamper.

Negatives

I don't like the side lever - the BSA bolt is so much better - quicker, smoother. I prefer it.

Despite being quiet, there is a slight hammer ping on firing - should be able to sort this out though.

The plastic trigger shoe! I hate it, don't like plastic parts - definitely getting a rowan engineering upgrade.

I think it will make a great summer time hunter. Very light weight and pointable so should be good for carrying around my permissions. All the negatives (except the side lever) I should be able to solve.

are you having a funny turn or some thing , have you taken your medication yet :laugh:

Hw 100s are one of the quietest guns about ,a lot quieter than any BSA

Edited by villaman
  • Like 2

Nar its awkward I find it. When shooting off the bipod you've got to reach forward to reload the aide lever. The bsa bolt is in a better position so I can reload quicker. Maybe its just I've got used to the bsa bolt.

Anyway after shooting it regularly, I might change my mind

Took the hw100 apart today. The previous owner said he hadn't done anything to it and seeing as it's a 2012 model, I thought I'd change all the seals. Wow these are easy to take apart and service. I upgrade the main inlet valve seal to a polyurethane one and replaced the barrel seal, internal valve seals and breech block seals. The reg seal looked good.

Shot a 14 shot mag with only a 4fps spread which I like and topped it up to 200 bar and all is seal tight.

Next I'll be replacing the hammer spring and valve spring to get rid of that ping sound on firing and removing the anti tamper.

Positives

Smooth trigger action.

Very quiet with HW mod.

Negatives

are you having a funny turn or some thing , have you taken your medication yet :laugh:

Hw 100s are one of the quietest guns about ,a lot quieter than any BSA

:laugh::laugh::yes:

My BSA is a right noisy little fecker compared to the gentile click of the HW100

I think people are misunderstanding my previous post - I didn't say the BSA was the quieter gun overall, I was just comparing the sound of actioning the bolt compared with actioning the side lever when indexing the mag on both guns.

Muzzle report with HW mod = HW100 is quieter.

My Scorpion has been to XTX for the full tune so he must do something to the hammer mechanism if everyone is saying their BSAs are very noisy.

When cocking, both are smooth, I just prefer the BSA bolt action. The BSA cocks quicker and pushing forward is very quick and quiet. The action of pulling the side lever back and pushing forward it a bit slower and not as smooth. Don't get me wrong. I still think the HW100 magazine system is fantastic and the side lever system works a treat, great engineering. Personally I just prefer the bolt action of the BSA (at the moment anyway)

Sound of the hammer - BSA is a duller sound, the HW100 pings. I've seen it a few times on youtube when watching clips of Hw100s as well and read many a report on forums so I was expecting it. It's starting to get on my nerves a bit now so I'm definitely going to fit a new hammer and valve spring after I've removed the anti tamper. If that works, the will be the quieter gun on firing by far.

I didn't misunderstand a thing Danco.

I know the cocking mechanisms of both guns and I would say the HW is the quieter. IMO

More so when the BSA slide becomes a little worn or loose.

You can't miss take the "ping" of the HW though.

:thumbs:

Yeah that's true Villaman.

Each to their own really. I like the position of the bolt, quicker for hand to come off the trigger, cock bolt, push forward I find. Suppose finding the right gun for you is all about what feels most comfortable and fits you right.

Both great guns really. Now the longer days are here I should be using the hw100 more often so my opinions may change.

• Like 1

Yeah that's true Villaman.

Each to their own really. I like the position of the bolt, quicker for hand to come off the trigger, cock bolt, push forward I find. Suppose finding the right gun for you is all about what feels most comfortable and fits you right.

Both great guns really. Now the longer days are here I should be using the hw100 more often so my opinions may change.

I think it will :laugh: