Mullet

Had my first mullet of the year on Sunday. Got me second in the club comp, But was good to get a few off a local beach. My Biggest was 3lb 7.5oz. But my mate had one 4lb 11oz. Anybody else been getting any decent ones.

Had my first mullet of the year on Sunday. Got me second in the club comp, But was good to get a few off a local beach. My Biggest was 3lb 7.5oz. But my mate had one 4lb 11oz. Anybody else been getting any decent ones.

wats the ruff location mate couple off lads up this way had the nets out over the weekend and blanked on 6 tides

Near Padstow,Cornwall mate , nettings cheating lol ,can't beat catching them on rod n line in the open sea, they don't half go. We had eight altogether from two and half to the four eleven one. They come into a couple of coves on the big spring tides. Good sport on the right gear.

• Like 1

It's kinda funny cos some lads were still catching bass and mullet into dec but they just seemed too f**k off from Scotland the now and were starting too finally get a bit more sunshine now they need too hurry up though cos iam needing some beer money

ive seen mullet but not had a go at them yet. . I did have 4 bass yesterday and a guilthead bream ... . nothing big but at least it wasn't a blank

That's a decent session at this time of year. Good to know guilt heads are about,they give a good account of themselves as well.Good eating too

yes bud I don't normally start catching them till net month. . . ive not tried eating one yet but I think ill take one for the pots this year. :thumbs:

Large mullet can be very oily. I like them up to about 2lb filleted then brushed with garlic butter and grill the fillets. absolutly georgous.

TC

yes bud I don't normally start catching them till net month. . . ive not tried eating one yet but I think ill take one for the pots this year. :thumbs:

You will eat everyone after you've tried it mate. Guilt head is firmer and tastier than bass its lovely.