Strange that you didn't put you need .410 as well :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: Call it a sixth sense if you will but I just knew you'd say that! LOL LOL. It's not a 410 I need but guided missiles! I managed 10 pigeon and a squirrel on saturday roost shooting for just over 30 shots so I'm not completely useless! LOL

Thats better than me! I missed a mixy rabbit at 20 yards with 3 shots... It didnt even move when the shots tore the ground up next to it. I couldn't believe my eyes... Last time I go shooting when I HAVEN'T been drinking the night before... Bloody sober eyes play tricks...

Lol, u guys!

Just got in from a wee session with the 243 and the photon nv and Charlie is no more!

My new electronic caller did the trick, got it in to about 70 yards and then pop.

Saw loads of rabbits so wished I had a 22 with me. Semi or bolt, my head is still pondering that one.

If they wont grant .243 straight away, forget the hmr pop gun and get a proper fox control rifle like the venerable .22 hornet, or the superb .222

The fox that ate my HMR round the other night hasn't been able to complain about that so called ' pop gun '. Granted the .243 is better / bigger round for charles but for a night out on the conies and a fox comes up then all is good ?

• 1 month later...

If they wont grant .243 straight away, forget the hmr pop gun and get a proper fox control rifle like the venerable .22 hornet, or the superb .222

The fox that ate my HMR round the other night hasn't been able to complain about that so called ' pop gun '. Granted the .243 is better / bigger round for charles but for a night out on the conies and a fox comes up then all is good ?

Yes it will kill foxes, as will a bow and arrow, but it is not the ideal thing, a .22hornet or .222 is , I admit I am biased as I hate .17 hmr, if you must have a .17 get the .17 rem the daddy.