Ferreting Some New Land

Had a look up north today on a new spot we picked up a couple of months ago,,, today along with my usual sidekick vin,,,,nobby had a day off work to come with us..

This was our second vist of the week to this spot,,,myself and vin removed 61 rabbits on Tuesday without setting a net,,, just using the dogs,, and today we followed the same method,,, to be honest this spot is made for this method small shallow sets,,, nothing more than a dozen holes,,, a ferreting Mecca if you like.

Today we were spoiled as nobby has a little Suzuki jimmy,,, which got us right on top off the fell,,, perfect ...

Walked the across most of the first field befor a mark was found,, wich resulted in a dig and a bolt,,, it was much of the same today although we seemed to be digging more than Tuesday ,,,had a couple of digs result in two rabbits,,, wich is always a bonus,,,, but the best bit today like Tuesday ,,, was watching the dogs,,,mark,,,ferret In,,,bolt and some nice catches,,, no bending over a hundred times a day laying nets,,,,bliss,,

If there was a down side today,,,it was the wind,,,couldn't here a bloody thing,,,but the rain held off,,,so that was a bonus,,,

We ended the day on 53,, a cracking day,,and good to have nobby back out with us...

Vin get off the sette and get the pics on....

• Like 13

Great day up there today..good to see Nobby again.

Dogs got some great sport today with no nets being used.

sort of day you dream of all through the summer, waiting for winter to arrive.

I was well impressed with Nobby's little Suzuki Jimmy..it did very well up them dirt tracks to the side of the fell.

As usual,,,,were waiting for vin,,, to get his pics up,,,,nobby took a few as well,,,,but he needs his daughter to put them on,,,lol

Edited by TOMO

That sounds like dream ferreting, I'm going to find some new ground this summer with open sets, spread accross fields, where no nets are required and I don't look like I've been thrown through a window on a Monday morning........ oh a man can dream :D

Nice one lads :thumbs: