Last One For Us Sunday

Last one for us. After a long day of walking we get a mark on the edge of a field. After some time locating & pauses in baying we decide he's digging on. As we've had 2 others In this earth already earlyer in the season, & know it's a very tight spot. After 2 hour or more we grow impatient and decide to open a hole up. No fox in sight. Jack was not giving in but simply could not get through the earth. Although he hasn't got the biggest of chest. I went and got my small jack Russell, more of a family pet as she was my brothers. She's around 6 or 7 and is more of a bolting dog as she doesn't stay too long. But can run even the tightest of earths.

We collar her up & entre her and within no time can be herd baying. 30minutes goes by still baying steady, it's now getting late and starting to rain with only one thing left to do dig. 1.2m of clay we break through to Stella having a great time' with the fox a little further on. We've never had a straight faward dig in this earth although not the deepest it's just so unpredictable. I'm sure you all know what I mean. Hope you all had a great season.

post-38877-0-98815400-1393976120.jpg

• Like 3

I fecking hate tight digs like that, my dog is too big for real tight areas, well done for sticking at it and getting a result. Always amazes me how tight an effing fox can get

Anyone that has ever skint a fox will see just how they can get in to such tight places,foxs may look big and some even bulky looking but with the pelt off they have a body like a snake.

• Like 1