What The Shortest Rimfire Mod Available?

Been looking around for a reflex mod for my .17hmr but the smallest I have seen is 4"

before I get bombarded with remarks asking why a sak is bot good enough, it is but I want to go as small as possible with a budget of £100 ftom tacfire I think.

The rifle is going to be used from jeep alot so every inch less helps alot.

I was going to get a weihrauch with a 14" barrel but it will get knocked about alot so didn't want to reck such a rifle so got a cz452 style 16" had one before and got rid of it bad mistake by myself.

• Like 1

Lol hutchey just got rid of my .22 there so will prob regret that as well, awell keep the gun dealers pockets lined

Shot several more rabbits on outings with .17 than .22 and had great craic last summer sitting up over a warren 120yards away sniping them with ease.

Record with .22 37

.17hmr 80ish

Big difference

Read alot of reviews and for the amount of money u have to spend for a couple of db's less your not gonna notice it.

Think the sak was only 2db less than the best and it cost £160ish

I've looked Geoff but stuck with the SAK for this reason. I think the DM80 is of the reflex type. Not cheap though

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/guns/369774/Ten_of_the_best_17HMR_moderators.html

Shooting times review of hmr mod's.

I bought the scirocco for my hmr on friday, seems to do the job and pleasantly found it to be one of the best in sound reduction according to the above. Stripable and looks smart as it's profiled to the varmint barrel.

Just to point out. The dB unit system is a logarithmic ratio of the measured pressure level to a reference pressure. Basically what I'm trying to say is that a reduction in dB by a factor of x2 corresponds to a sound pressure change by a factor of x10.

Bottom line, try em and see if it's worth it.

• Like 1

Like the lei one but at £150 it better come with a blow job machine or something.

It looks well smart and would look rather pretty in front of my silver cz452.

Due a tax rebate here so mite just bite thee bullet as they say and go for it.

Im also considering a center fire mod with changable threads at the min as I need a can for my .223 so could use for both