Home Made Plinking Targets

I've been getting plenty of practice in at the range plinking at various targets at various ranges out to 30m to get me shooting accurately and consistently enough to move onto live quarry. Si's principles of marksmanship videos made a big difference to my consistency. In my cellar I have an old coal bunker type thing (not sure of the correct name way before my time) that runs about 10m or so under the garden which has become my new indoor range. So after a while my mind starts to wonder and I start pondering what sort of targets I could make from the random stuff lying around the house. I came up with this...post-68945-0-71026700-1392842914_thumb.jpg

I've been watching a lot of trick shooting videos on youtube (yes I've had too much time on my hands) and after seeing a playing card being shot side on I thought yeah I definately need to have a go at that! So I grabbed a card out of the draw from the local taxi firm and cracked on. It took 4 shots the 3rd grazed it as you can see here...post-68945-0-83212200-1392843645_thumb.jpg

The 4th split it straight in two I was over the moon!...post-68945-0-34769700-1392843726_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to see what others have come up with in their time.

Regards Brendan

• Like 4

nice shooting mate ,,im now splitting cards with my tx200 also following si and davys vids ,,,its taken me a while though :victory:

It's well worth it when you hit them isn't it I'm working on being able to hit them consistently. By far the most challenging and rewarding target I've tried. I read a thread on homemade reactive targets one of them was blank firing rounds pressed into polystyrene don't reckon the old peoples home opposite me would be best pleased lol.

Regards Brendan

Edited by brendan1991
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Those targets look pretty good, I was speaking to my old man the other day and he said when he was shooting he would use teaspoons, flatten em out and bend a loop I the other end and hung them over a dowel. They act like spinners :) I'm gunna Give it a go and post the pics so you can see what I mean :)

ATB Nathan