Need An Experienced Ferret

Kile

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your not going to get rid of them...   And have fell for the 'theyre good workers pal' spindle....   Keep taking them out... maybe try some piping... get them running through tunnels and such..

I've got a Hob here that wouldn't work at all, I got him early last season and kept trying him the whole season. Even tried him a couple of times through the summer to try and get him going. Tried him

Just an update . I was out ferreting today trying to get the ferrets used to the game trying all morning without much look, it came to 12pm and I decided to head home on the way back through the woods

Get rid of them pal.

Don't believe that they all work well because they don't.

Some love it .

And some just go down the holes and come back out again..most likely passing by rabbits that don't want to bolt etc etc.

After 3 times of them leaving occupied warrens..I would find them a Pet Home.

Hope so am not one of these lads who gets rid if they don't work out . I even have an old rabbit skin that I try and make them go for . I still think a older ferret would be a good help with traing my ferrets up and to start filling the frezer thank kile

I think 3 times isn't enough to be certain they are no good; there are loads of factors to consider; how noisy are you being; rabbits you've seen dive under know you are coming and from my experience I think are less likely to bolt; so they may not be shifting them out the stop ends but doesn't mean they are not interested....

• Like 1

could be water in the warrens we have had plenty of rain rabbits will go through it ferrets dont if the ferrets are roleing about they will be sent marking more intrested in breeding than working :thumbs::thumbs:

Ferrets will definetly go through water....if they want to :yes: mine take regular drenchings on some of our permissions,soaking wet rabs and ferts parr for the course some days :thumbs:

• Like 1

As Vin said they don't all work. I got 3 jills last season held them back to the beginning of this season gave them plenty of chances and only one made the grade so I found a nice pet home for the other two. Having said that my best worker showed no interest in his first season whatsoever but the last two hes been a solid performer.

• Like 1