No Night Shooting Question

Hi guys this may be a simple answer someone and I'm missing something.

I have been shooting one of my permissions for about 2 years. Mostly in the daylight but odd occasions I have lamper it.

The past two times I called the farmer to double check if I was ok to go out he has declined. The first time his response was not tonight definitely not tonight.

I had put this down to maybe the wind and rain and he didn't want me in his field in the conditions. ( although not the worse I have been out and that same evening I went to another perm which turned out to be very productive)

Tonight I again called and he said no again because of the deer? Now I have maybe seen two in the whole time I have shot the land and wouldn't dream of anyway.

He did expand and said I'm fine in the daylight to shoot but not the nights because of the deer, however I have shot in the night with his permission many times before.

My mind is at ease now he said I'm fine In the day as after the first call I had worried I was until then he had never refused me to shoot?

Has anyone else had the same or know why the deer would be an issue- I'm pretty confident one would not be shot by mistake day or night as if that was a concern I wouldn't take a shot?

I think its down to people trying to make a quick buck by shooting them at night which is illegal but greed gets the better of them! and maybe this has happened before on the permission, or maybe he is worried about the deer as he leases it out for money? Maybe he's hasn't got the shooting rights on the land? Or could be that he doesn't want a phone call from the police to clarify who you are, just a few things coukd ve something completely different

Atb

Froudy

Cheer Froudy-at the end of the day I only have two permissions for rabbit so I'm not going to rock the boat or start questioning him.

One of the times I was on his land at night I found a tent full of druken youths and called the police he was very great full in dealt with them without bothering him.

Think I will appreciate the permission in the day and start looking for some others I could maybe tackle at night as I am starting to go out with night vision on the other land and clearing double the rabbits in the dark.

It's illegal to shoot deer at night anyway.

From memory I'm pretty sure its one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset unless you have a special license from Natural England.

Maybe he just doesn't want you spooking them.

It could be that he has an issue with shooting at night due to dangers for example when that young lad got shot who was laying out in the field that was in a lot of magazines and papers so maybe thats why, at the end of the day if its his ground he sets the rules and as you say no point in rocking the boat. just keep shooting it whenever you can and in the meanwhile keep your eye open for some new ground which you might be able to lamp

Atb