Longnet box

Wilky

I've knocked up a long net box for my lad as a bit of a trial, the net in the box is a 25 yarder, the box is measured up to fit two 25 yarders with a ferret box on each end, to save having too many straps over your shoulder, obviously this is a MK1 jobby and just knocked up rough and ready like. It may change dramatically when it's had a field trial, but it weighs bugger all and feels OK, so here's hoping.

LNB1.jpg

Image010-1.jpg

LNB2.jpg

Yep, we've already considered . . . hanging some hooks on the front as well for carrying the bunnies

:hmm: Hooks and nets are not a good combination, especially on the front!

It would be getting a cover flap over the hooks, I've been there before.

• 1 month later...
Guest world.hunters

nice one mate, i was thinking about somethink along those lines but with hooks along the bottem and also where the poles sit inside it you could use those bank stick attachements so that it clicks into place etc.

good luck with it mate, ur doing a good job with it till now mate well done.

w.h

My idea is based on a bow back ferret box, but where wilky has a timber rack to hold his poles, I intend to make a metal frame not unlike the type used in the quick set system to fit into the top of the box and cut a hole in the bottom of the box to let a net bag hang through

My idea is based on a bow back ferret box, but where wilky has a timber rack to hold his poles, I intend to make a metal frame not unlike the type used in the quick set system to fit into the top of the box and cut a hole in the bottom of the box to let a net bag hang through

John, yes it's changed a bit since then, the one I've made for him now has sloping lids on the ferret boxes and the doors are on the front, not the top, so they don't knock the net poles when opening them, I've also put some swivel clips on the timber rack, so the poles don't bounce out when you're hopping over walls etc. other than that it's the same and works very well, oh and I've put a piece of hose pipe on the front of the box, so the net feeds out nice and smooth, if I get a minute I'll stick a pic on, And as for minding if you make some, not at all mate, I didn't put it up as a commercial venture, just an idea, if it benefits anyone else, then I'm pleased. I have more than enough on with the terrier boxes and bantam arcs.

Edited by Wilky