:clapper: Lucky f**ker! :D I've just, today, finished reading G. Walker (CTSC) about breeding and rearing up to Show Training ~ not that I have the least interest in showing. Christ! There's a lot more to it than I ever gave a thought to!

Have ye got ye fresh nests, dummy eggs, rings and rearing foods lined up? I guess, like so many others, this isn't the cheapest of hobbies to break into, is it? :icon_eek:

But, once we have our cages and electrics (as necessary) sorted out, things should calm down.

Best of luck with those early birds! :boogy:

thanks pete, havent used dummy eggs decided to do it naturally , have the egg food and soaked seed , rings arrived yesterday just split rings as im not too interested in showing at the minute and that way i can tell which chicks came from which pair , we have a large coat room built into the front room and my cages are in there so nice and warm .

basically just doing it for my own enjoyment for this year and hopefully i will be alot more experienced and take it a bit more serious next year .

the plan is to just go with the flow and enjoy breeding them for now

Good luck to you Pappabear.....i think sometimes we can try and learn all we like through reading and research......but nothings going to teach you more than what you see with your own eyes.....and what better way to learn anyway.....enjoy the experience mate :thumbs:

• Like 2

I think sometimes we can try and learn all we like through reading and research......but nothings going to teach you more than what you see with your own eyes.....

:D Easy for You to say that, Gnash! Lucky bugger!

My own situation, now, takes me back to my bloody childhood. I was desperate, then, to try freshwater fishing. My Dad bought me a book on the subject and, within days of that, a cousin gave me a spare rod!

That evening, I admonished my brother for disturbing me ~ as I sat alone, cross legged on the kitchen floor. Rod resting on my knee as I pored over the book, whilst fishing the lino river :laugh:

• Like 3