Fac Ammunition Storage

No. Has to be a separate safe. :thumbs:

I just shit my pants then Walshie! Separate lockable safe, which can be part of the gun safe itself right?

Got the FLO coming tuesday and safe delivered today! LOL

A separate lockable safe, which may be in side the original safe, or outside the original safe, but separate from the guns. FFS. Doesn't look good for your FAC if you didn't know that BH. :no::laugh:

Why exactly do you have the Family Liaison Officer coming round anyway? :hmm:

A separate lockable safe, which may be in side the original safe, or outside the original safe, but separate from the guns. FFS. Doesn't look good for your FAC if you didn't know that BH. :no::laugh:

Cocky sod :tongue2: . I did know that hence buying a safe with a lockable ammo store, your answer was ambiguous and made me doubt myself. :huh:;)

Firearms Liaison Officer, thought you might have known that one mate..... :laugh:

Edited by Born Hunter

Cocky sod :tongue2: . I did know that hence buying a safe with a lockable ammo store, your answer was ambiguous and made me doubt myself. :huh:;)

Firearms Liaison Officer, thought you might have known that one mate..... :laugh:

Oh right. We have Firearms Enquiry Officers here.

I bet you end up buying a separate safe anyway, once you start stocking up on centrefire ammo. Those ones in the safe are tiny. Doesn't have to be anything special.

Oh right. We have Firearms Enquiry Officers here.

I bet you end up buying a separate safe anyway, once you start stocking up on centrefire ammo. Those ones in the safe are tiny. Doesn't have to be anything special.

Yeah, probably will do mate. Hopefully all everything goes smoothly and eventually get that deer rifle I'm after.

Besides .50BMG rounds aren't small! :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm glad I saw this thread, looks like I need to get a safe then!

Aren't you in a bit of a funny situation though? You could buy a safe, then get denied an FAC, and be stuck with a useless safe. Or, you don't get one, and be denied an FAC due to having nowhere to store your bullets.

My friend bought and fitted an ammunition safe, but was denied a .22LR due to unsafe land, so therefore is stuck with a safe that he doesn't use.

Is having an ammunition safe vital for when the FEO visits, or can you explain to him that you will get one, providing that the application is successful?

Then again, everyone's in the same boat with a gun safe.

I'm glad I saw this thread, looks like I need to get a safe then!

Aren't you in a bit of a funny situation though? You could buy a safe, then get denied an FAC, and be stuck with a useless safe. Or, you don't get one, and be denied an FAC due to having nowhere to store your bullets.

My friend bought and fitted an ammunition safe, but was denied a .22LR due to unsafe land, so therefore is stuck with a safe that he doesn't use.

Is having an ammunition safe vital for when the FEO visits, or can you explain to him that you will get one, providing that the application is successful?

Then again, everyone's in the same boat with a gun safe.

Having the relevant safes before the interview just saves having plod coming round your house twice. If you are granted your FAC and don't have the safe, they'll need to come and see it before you actually get given the certificate.

If for some reason you were refused, the safes sell like hot cakes here or ebay, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Well, I knew my land was passed for the calibers I requested prior to applying. I then waited for the interview to be confirmed before buying the safe, just to play it safe (pardon the pun). Still might get knocked back but I'm pretty confident for it to have gone this far.

Yeah, your FLO/FEO will want to check your safe/storage, dunno if you can ask him to check it pending grant?