Oh, Sweet Jesus! Bingo!!!

:icon_eek: Guys; I can hardly believe what's just happened here, in my room .....

A guy I've known for many years has been feeling me out lately, for some gear I have that he'd like. Basically, probing for my price.

I have no burning need for cash, and so have been really just using the exchange of emails, each evening, as a pleasant distraction. Drawing him into asides, just for the pleasure of a chat.

So, unsurprisingly, tonight I just ask him if he keeps any canaries ~ obviously angling for the opening to let off a bit of my own steam about what I'm up to here.

Then, the cruise f**king missile comes in ....! " Yes. " He says. " I do keep canaries. And I can get you Any colour, Any type you want. My best friend travels the world, buying up canaries. The rarer the better. " :shok:

I've dropped my glass. My jaw. And my guts. All at once!

Can you Imagine being told that, by a guy you Know simply Does Not shit ye? And knowing you're sat on a shit load of stuff that means f**k all to you. But, the world to him?!

I see interesting times ahead! :toast:

• Like 4

I know next to nothing about canaries Pete, but you must have died and gone to heaven, you'll probably end up with a pink spotted thing from some extinct volcano in the deepest jungles of Venezuela.........................I told you I know nothing about canaries but good luck with the bargaining, could be a good time to keep canaries :laugh:

:D Just f**king mind bending, isn't it?

The best of it is; I just want my birds for pets. Things * I * like to look at and look after. I don't Want top class, 'Show Winning' stock.

Because, A/ I wouldn't f**king know it if I saw it! B/ Show winning is so often bent all out of shape anyway. I like 'Natural'. And, C/ In case ye haven't guessed it? I'm just not interested in Showing anyway!

So, yeah; I'll be happy with the dregs of the right colours. I'll hoover up all the 'Not typey enough' birds rejected by the experts. I'll give away most of what I might breed, as pets for others, anyway. That's always been my plan.

I just want a bank of pretty little birds. Doing their things and singing their heads off. Giving me another reason to get off my back of a morning and something to do of a day.

I don't think that'll prove too tall an order for this bloke and his mate. And, I most certainly have the currency he wants. I can cover my possible wants list bill :yes:

My future looks bright! 8)

• Like 4

Everything just moves so slowly, for me, Gnash! I'm perfectly accustomed to it now though. (It's really not a bad way to live either ;))

Back in the city? I'd have decided on canaries one week? Gone out and bought the whole set up, and my first birds, next pay day. I'd have been keeping canaries by the next week.

Here, now? I get ideas and decide they're for me. I'm going for it. All out ..... May take some months. A season, or two? A Year or Two?!? It's a life style trade off I'm content to live with :yes:

It does niggle me though when people chime in with; " Pete; You make it sound like you live on some mountain side and need to yak trek for three days to buy canary seed! "

Just so happens? I Do live on a f**king mountain side. And canary food? Mail order is my only way. To be picked up, once a week. Going to shop for such stuff would be a €100 round trip. That is a statement of Fact. Not A Complaint!

But, sure; One of these days, months, what ever? I'll be showing ye my banks of cages. Filled with beautiful (to me) birds.

Be patient :D

• Like 2

Dont know if your aware Pete but theres this new invention out...............its called the motor car :D

when pete says he going into town i get visions of him on a rusty old bike coming home slightly pissed and loaded up with supplies :D

• Like 1

I know, you c***! :D There's also this thing called a ..... Wait for it .....

" D r i v i n g L i c e n s e " !!!!! Which, at my somewhat advanced stage in life, I've about as much chance of getting as inside Demi Moores' knickers! :D

Plus which; If I was Ever found, in control of a motor vehicle? One puff into that bag and, 24 / 7 / 365, I'd be F**ked! :laugh:

Naah. I stay around. Live like a Mountain Man. Pick up my supplies and scuttle of back to my complete isolation. Don't see a living soul from one 'Market Day' to the next.

It's f**king brilliant! :boogy:

Must admit your enthusiasm is infectious Pete i love reading your tales :D

Hopefully not long and we,ll see some pics.

I read the opening post and just thought what you had posted. It really is great to see someone that has a genuine passion about something. As you say it is infectious, just hopeing that I don't catch it.

TC

• Like 1