Castrated Dogs?

I have one here, was a bit bouncy round the wee ones so got the snip, as for running /hunting no difference at all there a couple of guys on here seen how he went on reynard, I got 2 on lamp with him on Friday and Saturday night, only thing you need to watch is over feeding as they gain weight alot quicker

• Like 1

I've got a beddy x he's a little b###### with my spaniel if he's not trying to shag him he's ragging him around with his ears and can be a bit funny with strange dogs, but the worst thing is he keeps sneaking into the kids room and pissing when he's alone with the wife and when she tries to chastise him for it he growls at her. We got him at nine month old and I think he was a bit of a mixed up kid when we got him. It causing no end of trouble with her indoors and was hoping it might help sort his dominance problems and maybe his pissing too

I've got a beddy x he's a little b###### with my spaniel if he's not trying to shag him he's ragging him around with his ears and can be a bit funny with strange dogs, but the worst thing is he keeps sneaking into the kids room and pissing when he's alone with the wife and when she tries to chastise him for it he growls at her. We got him at nine month old and I think he was a bit of a mixed up kid when we got him. It causing no end of trouble with her indoors and was hoping it might help sort his dominance problems and maybe his pissing too

just come back from my walk with dogs, and walking with a lad with a borderterrierx , the dog ok with my 2 as he got to know them few times on the walks, but he is a fecker with other strange dogs will fight, and he had his nuts off . I always thought it would take the sting out of a working dog, as ive never seen any working lurcher that's been done before and worked, but this terrier was full of him self going round the edges looking for rabbits or what ever with my 2 dogs, didn't affect him .?

we have had a couple of castrates here and no it didnt affect their work. and yes they do put on weight more easily so you just have to balance diet and exercise sensibly, as you would with any dog.

as for behavioural issues, castration doesnt always help as some problems become a habit not just an instinctive hormonal action (if you get me!). it will do no harm to have him cut, and it might or might not solve your problems so nothing to lose.