Cree Ultrafire Batteries? Advice Needed

Hi can any one help? I've got 2 cree ultra fire torches with white LED. after reading a thread the other night I've ordered another with a red led,so i thought I'd order some extra batteries as a backup,i wanted to order the same mAh as the ones i got of 2400 mAh to comply with my charger.i found loads on eBay but noticed two variations?the ones i have are stamped ultra fire lc 2400 mAh and I've found some stamped ultra fire tc 2400 mAh.can anyone tell me whats the difference between the both?and am i right in thinking the higher the mAh the longer the battery will hold its charge and also take longer to charge just like amp on other batteries.your help would be grateful before i order anything.

Yeah pretty much.

mAh stands for milli amp hours. The higher the number the longer it takes to drain down.

Make sure you get a good digital charger which will safely balance out the charge cycle meaning it will last longer. The top ones will do 5000+ charge cycles.

Sorry forgot to mention it's

IC = Lithium Ion Colbalt

LM = Lithium Magnesium

There's not a lot between them and I'm not going to bore you with the psychics as it only applicable in millitary application. To do with power density and IMR is the best.

But general broad brush terms, both will work well in the LED application your using it for.

• Like 1