Rabbit, Feral Pigeon And A Pheasant

nice shooting mate, you should have boiled them up for the dog not give them to the ferrets

A lot of hassle though! The ferrets worked well over Christmas, you might want to check the video, so I thought they deserved some fresh meat. Thanks for watching :)

You need a dog

You're not wrong! I do have a lab/collie cross and she's not gun shy but it's a LOT of hassle to get her up to speed. I did take her out once and she did point quite well and flushed some pheasants. But then she saw a squirrel and legged it after it!

You need a dog

You're not wrong! I do have a lab/collie cross and she's not gun shy but it's a LOT of hassle to get her up to speed. I did take her out once and she did point quite well and flushed some pheasants. But then she saw a squirrel and legged it after it!

I couldn't go out shooting without a dog, wouldn't feel right. To many injured stuff getting away for my liking.

• Like 1

You need a dog

I couldn't go out shooting without a dog, wouldn't feel right. To many injured stuff getting away for my liking.

You probably shoot a lot more birds than me! I don't really have that problem!

Shooting with a dog is a funny thing, you can go years without your own dog and be quite happy and make do, then once you have your own dog you really don't feel right going without it. Having a lame dog is seen in the same light as having a broken gun, it's catastrophic! LOL.

Shooting with a dog is a funny thing, you can go years without your own dog and be quite happy and make do, then once you have your own dog you really don't feel right going without it. Having a lame dog is seen in the same light as having a broken gun, it's catastrophic! LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to have a dog. It's primal hunting with animals be it a dog, ferret or a raptor. I just don't have the time/skills to train one!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to have a dog. It's primal hunting with animals be it a dog, ferret or a raptor. I just don't have the time/skills to train one!

Not saying you SHOULD have one, you're managing without. :thumbs: Just a passing comment following from labs.

I can only liken it to passing your driving test....how i got by without out it I never knew. Then there's folk that never pass there test but don't think there missing out.

I've grown up around labs, there's always been a couple kicking about. I just couldn't pull the trigger knowing there's a chance I might loose it in cover or it runs off.

nice shooting mate, you should have boiled them up for the dog not give them to the ferrets

A lot of hassle though! The ferrets worked well over Christmas, you might want to check the video, so I thought they deserved some fresh meat. Thanks for watching :)

I think he meant give it the dog because the poor old bugger looks a bit lean.

I think he meant give it the dog because the poor old bugger looks a bit lean.

Oh I see, well its not my dog! She has food left out for her though, never see her without.

• 4 weeks later...