I'm Buying More Cages ....!

Something's Gotta Give!

P1160127_zpseb10e0e7.jpg

This is where I want my cages. There's a five foot space across, between those shelves to either side. Six foot to the angle of the ceiling.

I'm thinking: Bank of three, Double Breeders, set up on blocks. My separate Double Breeder on top. I think that'll fit.

Then, to one side, I'll just have space for a yet to be sourced, triple tower of single cages. Eighteen inches square. I could make them myself.

Finally; I'd clear those single traps off the shelves, to the left. My Flight Cage / Triple Breeder will go there.

I'm liking this. Sounds like a plan.

Now; Who wants to buy a f**king van load of cage traps. Many antiques, extremely rare and collectable ....? I need that space!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's no good. I can hold in any longer! I'll go f**king mad if I don't tell someone!   Last night, a guy put up a block of three Double Breeders and a five foot by eighteen inch flight.   I've ha

Well; I've just painted the outsides of both my new cages black. F**king terrible job of it, mind. Working in cramped conditions and piss poor light. Perfectly resigned to the fact that I'll have to g

have you got them or what -------------------- i think i`ll be setting myself up this year watch this space

Posted Images

Something's Gotta Give!

P1160127_zpseb10e0e7.jpg

This is where I want my cages. There's a five foot space across, between those shelves to either side. Six foot to the angle of the ceiling.

I'm thinking: Bank of three, Double Breeders, set up on blocks. My separate Double Breeder on top. I think that'll fit.

Then, to one side, I'll just have space for a yet to be sourced, triple tower of single cages. Eighteen inches square. I could make them myself.

Finally; I'd clear those single traps off the shelves, to the left. My Flight Cage / Triple Breeder will go there.

I'm liking this. Sounds like a plan.

Now; Who wants to buy a f**king van load of cage traps. Many antiques, extremely rare and collectable ....? I need that space!

pete pm oldtrapcollecter :thumbs: bet he`ll take a few off your hands

Those traps are all galvy anyway,just tie them up outside or from a barn rafter,silly to get rid when there for made outside use and if you have an aviary you will at some point need a rat trap or two at some point anyway for pesky intruders of various types.

Well; I've just painted the outsides of both my new cages black. F**king terrible job of it, mind. Working in cramped conditions and piss poor light. Perfectly resigned to the fact that I'll have to go over them again.

I also managed to leave the trays in the breeder block. Now, I can't get them out, because there's no space, FFS. So, they'll have to come out when the paint's dry and I can shift the units. Few days, I expect.

Just mentioning this to get it off my chest, really. It's all so f**king dragging! If someone turned up at my gate, right now, and said; " Here we are, Pete! Half a dozen birds for you! " I'd be completely f**ked! All this time, money and effort. And I'm still not ready.

Alright; If I'm brutally truthful? It's my cage fronts! I'm just So f**king pleased with how well they've come up, I'm gagging to show them to you! :laugh: Can't just photograph them in a pile though. I want ye to see them as part of the (almost) finished product.

I put a lot of effort into them though. And it's paid off in shit loads! They're my pride and joy! :D Now, I'm just busting to get them back in and see how the pale blue insides look through them.

God, these cages are gonna be the b0llocks! :boogy:

• Like 2

:icon_eek: Christ! That's handy! I've never heard of such a thing in my life either. I'll enquire, next time I'm in town.

That could be bloody useful here, Stigger. Because, I can't paint in this, warm, room. Turf ash and Dog hair everywhere :rolleyes:

The store room's clear. But, f**king cold. Like I say; Paint that should dry over night takes days here. It's a PITA, just losing so much time.

Thought to myself only yesterday; " If I had a f**king hair drier ..... "

• 2 weeks later...

P2010135_zps95c60cae.jpg

:boogy: That's my block of three, Double Breeders (Scrubbed up well, didn't they? :D ) and my separate Double on top.

Next job it to shift all those bloody traps out to a shed I have lined up. Then, I want a truck load of jabolite. I'd not be happy having these cages near those walls. They'd get damp.

Then, walls lined, I shall buy a couple of huge shelf spurs and get my Flight Cage up on that left hand wall! :yes:

Then, I'll need a sheet of ply and some small timber ..... To build that little tower block of Single cages!

This is f**king great! Not even so much as a sniff of a bird yet. But, I'm having the time of my life, just f**king around, getting ready for them and learning shit loads of what I never even realised I'd need to know! :D

• Like 1

P2010135_zps95c60cae.jpg

:boogy: That's my block of three, Double Breeders (Scrubbed up well, didn't they? :D ) and my separate Double on top.

Next job it to shift all those bloody traps out to a shed I have lined up. Then, I want a truck load of jabolite. I'd not be happy having these cages near those walls. They'd get damp.

Then, walls lined, I shall buy a couple of huge shelf spurs and get my Flight Cage up on that left hand wall! :yes:

Then, I'll need a sheet of ply and some small timber ..... To build that little tower block of Single cages!

This is f**king great! Not even so much as a sniff of a bird yet. But, I'm having the time of my life, just f**king around, getting ready for them and learning shit loads of what I never even realised I'd need to know! :D

looking bloody good them pete...thou i like the varnished wood and white interior look....you HAVE to show us your room when its all done i bet its the mutts!

jabolite ?

Poly slabs, mate? About the size of a grave stone. I intend to just duct tape them together and, basically, shove the cages up against them, to pin them against the walls.

Dunno what I'll do about the walls with no cages .......... Get more f**king cages sounds like a plan! :rofl:

I'll have to put an air vent in the fire place I've sealed off too. Let some fresh air in. And get a couple of serious tube heaters in there, to keep the general uninhabited cave feel out of it.

:hmm: That 'Thoroseal' sounds like the Dogs, mate.

Then again though; I'm not so sure it's that moisture's so much coming through the walls in there. It's just a completely unheated, uninhabited room in an old, stone built cottage, see?

It's like my work room. One with the rotted out paint tins? Floor's bare concrete. No air and no heat. Oh, and, given the age of the place? I'd imagine no damp proof either.

Jabolite would really just be to save the cages resting against cold. Just as I'll raise them off the floor and rest them on jabo'.

That single cage, by the way? I'd left that in the work room for a few months. Lifted off the floor on half inch slats? F**king gloss painted trays had mildew on them ~ whipped them out and the underneaths were virtually fungussed! :icon_eek:

See? Not so much physical moisture. More cold, dank air. I reckon ventilation and tube heaters will do me more good than sealing the place up further?