..grommets..

jamesmc

Maybe the ones in the links the dimensions are wrong for the poles.

The inside dimensions are 9.5 so would fit a 10mm pole..as with Ben made out of rubber will have a little give in them.....unless he's using 12 mm poles lol

would you not want a larger inside groove than 1.6mm.

In all gfairness mate I have no idea lol...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I liked that Bob because you are giving back, when you started you asked all the questions, now you are well down the road you are giving back. That is what it is about. If every one does that then ne

You want about 2" of mountain bike tube. Pop it on your pole, then your loop... Then pull the tube out, give it half a twist and pop it back over you pole, trapping you loop in between.

Posted Images

Guest scramble

Maybe the ones in the links the dimensions are wrong for the poles.

The inside dimensions are 9.5 so would fit a 10mm pole..as with Ben made out of rubber will have a little give in them.....unless he's using 12 mm poles lol

would you not want a larger inside groove than 1.6mm.

In all gfairness mate I have no idea lol...

lol fair do's mate, to be fair ive tried loads of different bands,grommets cable ties etc. anything i could lay my hands on :laugh:

Guest scramble

im no long netting man but use stop nets from time to time just got a cracker knitted of threelander . the grommets i have on the end poles are 5mm inside groove.

5mm seems a little excessive?? as far as im aware the sizes are quite relative are they not? a large panel thickness would mean a large overall dimension???

just give one a measure they are 4mm my apologies. i use them in work from time to time these were to blank of 20mm holes in electrical panels as far as im aware the ones that come with long net poles have a similar inside groove measurement atb.

Guest scramble

just give one a measure they are 4mm my apologies. i use them in work from time to time these were to blank of 20mm holes in electrical panels as far as im aware the ones that come with long net poles have a similar inside groove measurement atb.

Ive seen some very different sized grommets on some of the lads gear, some good other not so. :thumbs:

ANY OF YOU GUYS GOT AN ITEM NUMBER ON EBAY FOR THE GROMMETS WITH THE GROVE IN THEM FOR THE RUNNING LINES.....OR EVEN KNOW WHERE ELSE I CAN GET THEM.....I SEEN THEM ON EBAY A WHILE BACK BUT CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE NOW?.......CHEERS IN ADVANCE.... ;)

How many you after mate . .? You tried Nelson ?

JUST A HANDFULL MATE...ITS ONLY FOR A FEW STOP NETS....I DID NOT WANT TO BOTHER HIM AS I KNOW HES A BUSY GUY... ;)

Ive just used innertube for mine. Cut into 2.5" sections. Works well. Just tie 4 same sized loops in your lines, one each end. Pop the innertube on the pole, then your loop, twist the innertube, and back over the pole, trapping the loop in the middle. Perfect, and slides when needed too.

ANY OF YOU GUYS GOT AN ITEM NUMBER ON EBAY FOR THE GROMMETS WITH THE GROVE IN THEM FOR THE RUNNING LINES.....OR EVEN KNOW WHERE ELSE I CAN GET THEM.....I SEEN THEM ON EBAY A WHILE BACK BUT CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE NOW?.......CHEERS IN ADVANCE.... ;)

JUST A HANDFULL MATE...ITS ONLY FOR A FEW STOP NETS....I DID NOT WANT TO BOTHER HIM AS I KNOW HES A BUSY GUY... ;)

Ive just used innertube for mine. Cut into 2.5" sections. Works well. Just tie 4 same sized loops in your lines, one each end. Pop the innertube on the pole, then your loop, twist the innertube, and back over the pole, trapping the loop in the middle. Perfect, and slides when needed too.

I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BOB....MAYBE BE BETTER OFF DOING THAT SEEN AS IM USING GOLF FLAG POLES....RATHER THAN BUYING LOADS OF DIFFERENT SIZED GROMMETS TILL I FIND THE RIGHT ONES... :laugh::thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BOB....MAYBE BE BETTER OFF DOING THAT SEEN AS IM USING GOLF FLAG POLES....RATHER THAN BUYING LOADS OF DIFFERENT SIZED GROMMETS TILL I FIND THE RIGHT ONES... :laugh::thumbs:

Works well mate. Better than some ill fitting, mad knot that comes undone on a grommet.. :whistling:

I liked that Bob because you are giving back, when you started you asked all the questions, now you are well down the road you are giving back. That is what it is about. If every one does that then netting will never die out as it will always be passed on, some things will be lost true, but new ideas will be added so it will always evolve and carry forward. :thumbs:

TC

• Like 2