First One This Year

The weather was crap over the festive period it really made no sense going out. Rain and wind every day. It was actually the first dry day and I spend the morning in a high seat overlooking edge of plantation. A nice doe showed up and I managed to squeezed off a shot. She took off like a rocket and I thought I missed, but found pins and paint on the ride, but not much blood inside the plantation, so followed in roughly in the direction she went and there she was maybe 70m away shot through the lungs.

Too tight to pay for a cameraman!!

Good vid again Greg, nice one.....the weather has been atrocious as you say, lets hope it picks up soon!

Wullie, I am surrounded by Scots all tight buggers it must be contagious I used to be more generous :tongue2:

Next question ....What camera ? .. I tried once to film & shoot , given it was a few years ago & the kit I was using weighed a ton , but the results were pants , the most interesting bit of film was my left foot every thing else was blurred or shaking , it made you giddy watching it ...Yours on the other hand is excellent .. :yes:

Next question ....What camera ? .. I tried once to film & shoot , given it was a few years ago & the kit I was using weighed a ton , but the results were pants , the most interesting bit of film was my left foot every thing else was blurred or shaking , it made you giddy watching it ...Yours on the other hand is excellent .. :yes:

I am glad you enjoyed it. I am using a Panasonic TM700 camcorder and small flexible tripod attached to a high seat shooting rail. High seat filming is quite easy. If you need any tips I am happy to respond to any questions. I have a couple of tips for self filming give it a go.

• Like 2

Probably asked a few times but what rifle are you using? I am interested in the tech specs but i am a complete noob to this side of the rifles so bare with me ;)

Very well done with the hunt, a great start to the year :D

Grae

Probably asked a few times but what rifle are you using? I am interested in the tech specs but i am a complete noob to this side of the rifles so bare with me ;)

Very well done with the hunt, a great start to the year :D

Grae

This is Blaser R93 in .243 Win

I am glad you enjoyed it. I am using a Panasonic TM700 camcorder and small flexible tripod attached to a high seat shooting rail. High seat filming is quite easy. If you need any tips I am happy to respond to any questions. I have a couple of tips for self filming give it a go.

Nice, very nice indeed. I like it on the top of the scope lol.