Are Stolen Dogs Ever Recovered ?

Been reading another post about missing dogs and asked myself a question are they ever found or is it a lost cause ? The post in question tugged a heart string as I've become very attached to my lurcher even to the point the lil bugger comes night fishing with me for days at a time and ends up as a sleeping bag warmer lol all joking aside I would be in pieces if he went missing as he is always there a part of the family if every effort is made are they found ? I hear many topics of missing dogs but few if any of found dogs please comment if you have had any experiences in this subject

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes dogs are found and returned the main thing is to let the sites work for you the more folk looking out for the dog the better i lost a dog only last week some tit walked off with the dog 28hrs late

Yes,- my mate had his stolen. Got it back from 250 miles away. Worked hard letting everyone know,- rescues, dog wardens etc. They had tried to work the dog, but it was a one man dog and wouldn't go ba

Chips matter most. The name on that chip can not be changed. The owner has to inform of change of ownership. As for ears coming off,- hardly likely if its lost. Helps stop some stealing the dog or ke

Yes,- my mate had his stolen. Got it back from 250 miles away. Worked hard letting everyone know,- rescues, dog wardens etc. They had tried to work the dog, but it was a one man dog and wouldn't go back to them. It was found and handed to a dog warden, who had heard of it.

My own pup 6months old, was missing for a week, but with plenty of posters out and lots of leg-work we got him back.

I'd ALWAYS get the dog micro-chipped, and ear tattooed. Its the dogs only way of saying where its from.

• Like 2

Yes,- my mate had his stolen. Got it back from 250 miles away. Worked hard letting everyone know,- rescues, dog wardens etc. They had tried to work the dog, but it was a one man dog and wouldn't go back to them. It was found and handed to a dog warden, who had heard of it.

My own pup 6months old, was missing for a week, but with plenty of posters out and lots of leg-work we got him back.

I'd ALWAYS get the dog micro-chipped, and ear tattooed. Its the dogs only way of saying where its from.

My dog is chipped but what's ear tattoo an where can I get it done ?

My dog is chipped but what's ear tattoo an where can I get it done ?

Chips don't matter aloud of people done the course they can change the names on them all sorts and ears have been nown to come off ;)

Chips matter most. The name on that chip can not be changed. The owner has to inform of change of ownership.

As for ears coming off,- hardly likely if its lost. Helps stop some stealing the dog or keeping it, if its tattooed as they can't work it, and have it identified,- recognised.

• Like 1

Chips matter most. The name on that chip can not be changed. The owner has to inform of change of ownership.

As for ears coming off,- hardly likely if its lost. Helps stop some stealing the dog or keeping it, if its tattooed as they can't work it, and have it identified,- recognised.

Inform who? Names can be changed from home

Definitely get your dog chipped :thumbs: I personally know of a stolen dog that was reunited with his owner, not a lurcher, it was an EBT and was nicked, passed around and sold on face book, believe it or not. The dog was reunited with her rightful owners, the thieving scum couldn't be traced :wallbash:. You should have seen that dog when she saw her owners, literally bought tears to the eye. Details can be changed on a chip but if its not the person who originally owned the dog who change the details, the original owners details stay on as well....................just in case :thumbs:.