Out Last Week.

Ideation

No mate, not at all. He came into my life at the age of 6/7, the mrs pet, who had caused much stress over the years disappearing to hunt and kill things. He fit right in here, and is a happy chappy now that he has a job, and has taken to it fairly well. He was apparently bred off a bitch from Sweden who was used for trials etc. But no, I think he's scared of the dark, or at least to old to start buggering about now :laugh:

• Like 1

You are pretty much spot on.

If I'm just out for a wee mooch, it's fine, as I'm more there for the hunt, than the catch. So, one runner is fine, and to be honest, he hunts very well, so he's more part of the pack, rather than just waiting to run.

However, you'd be surprised how well he does, as he's used to working with them, so knows where to put himself. A lot of the time he's hunting up with the hound and terriers, so when something lifts in front of them in the woodland, he will just try to steam ahead and run it down.

Obviously if doing covers, he's sometimes unlucky on his pick of what side to stand.

If we're out for a proper hunt, as you say, we usually add two more runners. Or even three. If you look at the topic in this section - the gang today you can see a good approximation on what I'd call a handy bushing team.