Montrose Basin

I didn't say I wanted a lot (wide boy) not!

I know you didn't but you asked how many and I told you it would be a lot.........October/ November there will be about 80,000 so there should still be good numbers.

Don't bother sending MIK that PM, I have a feeling he won't bother telling you with an attitude like that.

I was replying to wideboys comment and not yours WILF.. I only put my first post on here because I was wondering what wonderful sights and sounds I could expect to experience upon arrival at the basin... I wish I hadn't of bothered now...

In which case, sorry my mistake, I misunderstood your reply.

All I will say is that it is some sight to behold in October/ November.........the sky is black with geese.

Not much geese at the moment as after dec they start to spread I honestly couldn't tell you how much is on maybe 10-15000...you really need to work hard at this time of year as they know the craic and mostly roost on the NE side which is the reserve although they can still be had in the right conditions ...I was out on fri night ...huge tide and big winds ...lots of widgeon had 4 and a mallard .....let me know when you are here and I will point you in the right direction if im still at home as you cant beat local knowledge no matter where you shoot

• Like 4

Not much geese at the moment as after dec they start to spread I honestly couldn't tell you how much is on maybe 10-15000...you really need to work hard at this time of year as they know the craic and mostly roost on the NE side which is the reserve although they can still be had in the right conditions ...I was out on fri night ...huge tide and big winds ...lots of widgeon had 4 and a mallard .....let me know when you are here and I will point you in the right direction if im still at home as you cant beat local knowledge no matter where you shoot

mik you have pm