Mental Hob Ferret!

Hi guys,

Earlier this year I got 2 hob ferrets after starting ferreting after a short break, my polecat hob is mental! My mate was getting rid of his albino so I thought why not take him on as he's a Bonny ferret and a good worker,I brought him to my cage and placed him in first let him have a mooch and a sniff about, put my sandy hob in next and he was perfect with him didn't give a care in the world. Put the polecat in a bang he was dragging him up and down the ladders and the albino was screening! Do you lads know why he might do this he is fine with my other ferret my sandy hob but he hated this one? Also he is perfect for handling doesn't bite or anything also a good worker?

Cheers. Verminator.

Ps please say if I'm being a div about the question lol.

Edited by verminator135

I know it sounds bad but i had the same problems putting two one year old hobs together that had never been kept with other ferrets before, they wanted to rip chunks out of each other, i tried leaving them to sort it out and it didnt, so i decided to put them together in the cage and wait just outside it, as soon as they both started id hit them and throw them back in, they started again so again i hit them and threw them back in, then after probabaly 5 times as soon as they started and saw my hand going to the cage latch they would both run to the nest box shitting themselves, only had to do it twice after that and now there spot on together. Ferrets learn quick lol

• Like 1