Lurcher Help ??

i have put him on sitters he catches them no problem ... but when the rabbits are like 50 yards in middle of a fild crouched he dont run down the beam for them ? coz he's not to keen on it … but he's only a year old .. should i run him with a good dog ? or not ?

He is still a young dog Harry..don't slip him on anything he has not seen as you will obviously be wasting your time and his..if you have sitter's out in the field walk onto them slowly and don't let the dog go till they have moved..he will get the hang of it sooner or later with experience...also they is nothing to gain by taking him out with another dog..if another dog has any bad point's he may well pick up on them..

• Like 2

That is what most youngster's would do Lurcherman as they think it makes them look hard and know what they are doing infront of there young friend's..which could not be further from the truth.. treat your pooch well and put the time into it's training and it will do you proud.. :yes: ..if this present dog i have here hurt's itself it goes in a mood and blame's me for it if i'm near by.. :whistling: ...fook know's what would happen if i if i slapped her on the arse let alone boot her.. :blink:

• Like 2

You say they are clamped down @ 50 yards? Just walk up on it with the lamp fixed on it, the dog will soon learn that there's something at the end of it, and will soon start looking for any movement within the lamp, stick at it and always remember praise is the key to confidence, regardless the outcome. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Dogs don,t learn everything on their first,second or third outing in the field,walk the dog to its bunny until it learns to get there itself,at 12 months old the pup is on a learning curve,what it is allowed to learn will have the biggest bearing on its progress,good or bad,good training can be utilised,poor training makes it fecking harder,especially on the mutt.

• Like 1

Dogs don,t learn everything on their first,second or third outing in the field,walk the dog to its bunny until it learns to get there itself,at 12 months old the pup is on a learning curve,what it is allowed to learn will have the biggest bearing on its progress,good or bad,good training can be utilised,poor training makes it fecking harder,especially on the mutt.

Some may take 1 or 2 season's with a lot more outing's than that.. :D maybe 5 0r 6 season's from some of the folk's stuff i read on here.. :laugh::laugh:

Took me 2 seasons with a bitch aye had no one would come out with me lol usr to hunt up all the time .Spent alot of time with it myself and what a bitch it ended up best lamping bitch i had just some take longer than others .The dog i use to lamp now hunts during the day marks works with ferrets 2nd night out with the lamp straight back he was coming some pick it up quicker that others

• Like 1

Millet,most of the owners now don,t have the learning curve of a bullx,collie types leave many dumfounded,its refreshing at times on here to find a youngster asking the right sort of questions and then utilising them,refreshing but rare,in all honesty some of the nuggets have been in the game a while?.

Millet,most of the owners now don,t have the learning curve of a bullx,collie types leave many dumfounded,its refreshing at times on here to find a youngster asking the right sort of questions and then utilising them,refreshing but rare,in all honesty some of the nuggets have been in the game a while?.

For the record i'm not having a dig at you.. i 100% agree with you.. :victory: .. my grammar is not the best at time's so i may seem to come across the wrong way to folk at time's..i'm no expert in any way shape or form though.. but if the youngster seem's genuine i will do my best to help.. :yes:

• Like 1