Boxing Day Hunt For Young Bitch......................

well i know there is a lot of talk about what age to start your dogs off but im a firm believer of starting them early as possible,anyway at 5 month old iv been thinking my bitch showing a good head to start putting a bit of gear in front of her so set off with high hopes this morning for a good run.

within minutes on the woodland foot path her ears were up and she went into the edge of cover only to emerge with this lucozade bottle,bit of a bonus as we dont get many of these around here and a perfect to hand retrieve,she really got this off to a tea now :toast:

IMG_2315_zpsd5c5e314.jpg

moved out into the open field and she was soon onto another twig

IMG_2318_zps03ee9ca1.jpg

although this dead grass pile gave her some stick she hung in there and soon had it under manners,good to see she got a bit of heart when things get tough

IMG_2320_zps5c16e2b6.jpg

we moved onto a bit of rough ground that i know holds a bit of gear and it wasnt long before we had another couple of bits in the bag

really got the hang of these milk cartons now but then she had few of these over time so she knows how to run them,put up another good show of her wind think this run was about 4 seconds so she definately not lacking :laugh:

IMG_2326_zps4e3ad52a.jpg

bit of plastic pipe off another quick slip at this stage of the morning cant quite get my head around the gear were bowling over.

IMG_2328_zps9dcd9e10.jpg

her confidence is building with each trip out nice to see her pulling some big stuff

IMG_2367_zpsad9189ed.jpg

got the making of a good all rounder so nice to see she coming on well for a young un

IMG_2331_zps658b292e.jpg

end of morning pic with our bag,ok we never killed feck all but hey its traditional to get out boxing day even if it is only with the pup,good luck to you all heres to 2014 season :thumbs:

IMG_2363_zps03bbdb68.jpg

Edited by hunter1372
  • Like 13

Then again. These pups have got bull in them so will "smash" things :yes:

you could be right,gave a good account of herself on a pile of leaves the other day :laugh:

she is showing bit of interest now :thumbs:

IMG_2356_zps0b07aa3e.jpg

Edited by hunter1372

Then again. These pups have got bull in them so will "smash" things :yes:

you could be right,gave a good account of herself on a pile of leaves the other day :laugh:

she is showing bit of interest now :thumbs:

IMG_2356_zps0b07aa3e.jpg

Good stuff mate. Mine is just starting to get interested aswell. Using her nose and pushing bits out of cover. She has had a couple of rabbits in the nets ferreting and caught a pheasant in cover last week. Steady away. They should make useful mutts :yes: