Wolverine .303

I spent some time in the company of a happy Daystate Wolverine owner yesterday and he let me steal some pellets.

Just for interest.........

55gHP 50g 40g (I think I got those weights right) and a .22lr 40g for comparison.

post-10759-0-88939400-1387538185_thumb.jpg

The HP on the 55g is massive.

post-10759-0-15307800-1387538196_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Deker,

What did you think of the Datstate Wolverine while shooting it. I was thinking of getting one in 303 100/FT LBs . Where do you get the pellets from. I am in the U.S.A. Hope you had a good time shooting the Wolverine.

if i am honest i am still struggling to see the point and surely 55g at 105ft lb must have some arc to it :hmm: years ago i read of a company in staffordshire that was making airguns in 7.62 cal at hundreds of ft lbs but just could not get my head round the point then either. no disrespect to anyone intended

if i am honest i am still struggling to see the point and surely 55g at 105ft lb must have some arc to it :hmm: years ago i read of a company in staffordshire that was making airguns in 7.62 cal at hundreds of ft lbs but just could not get my head round the point then either. no disrespect to anyone intended

I'm with you on this one Paul

• Like 1

Trust me no offence taken. I think you should come down and see what the fuss is all about.

As for hold over, with a 50 yard zero, 100 yards is 3 Mildots over. And is still producing 57ft/lb on a 50.1gr pellet.

The advantage is the sheer size of the round, it destroys rabbits. And the size of the round means that at 50-60 yards the Hyrdrostatic Trauma it causes to the skull and lung cavity of something the size if a fox/coyote is astonishing. It's also more accurate than a .22LR iv been achieving Sub MOA at 80 yards consistanly.

The down side is it's only 12 shots max ! But I have a 4500psi paintball buddy bottle which gives me 2 full charged meaning my hunting session is 36 rounds.

If you lamp from a vehicle it's no different from having a rimmy as you can throw a dice bottle in the back.

The other down side is persuading your local police you need it, my FEO's had seen and shot one. So know what it's all about.

And then there is the cost, I won't lie it cost me £2000 and I haven't even got the scope I won't on it yet (after a Mildot Bushnell HD) taking it up too around £2300.

Now my. Mk4 FAC cost me £1700 all in, and I'm sure the guys who have FAC rangers and AirWolfs or even the top class Theobens all in are paying £2k

For me, it's one of the best rifles iv owned ......and trust me iv fired a lot of rifles from .177 air all the way to 50cal HMG.

Trust me no offence taken. I think you should come down and see what the fuss is all about.

As for hold over, with a 50 yard zero, 100 yards is 3 Mildots over. And is still producing 57ft/lb on a 50.1gr pellet.

The advantage is the sheer size of the round, it destroys rabbits. And the size of the round means that at 50-60 yards the Hyrdrostatic Trauma it causes to the skull and lung cavity of something the size if a fox/coyote is astonishing. It's also more accurate than a .22LR iv been achieving Sub MOA at 80 yards consistanly.

The down side is it's only 12 shots max ! But I have a 4500psi paintball buddy bottle which gives me 2 full charged meaning my hunting session is 36 rounds.

If you lamp from a vehicle it's no different from having a rimmy as you can throw a dice bottle in the back.

The other down side is persuading your local police you need it, my FEO's had seen and shot one. So know what it's all about.

And then there is the cost, I won't lie it cost me £2000 and I haven't even got the scope I won't on it yet (after a Mildot Bushnell HD) taking it up too around £2300.

Now my. Mk4 FAC cost me £1700 all in, and I'm sure the guys who have FAC rangers and AirWolfs or even the top class Theobens all in are paying £2k

For me, it's one of the best rifles iv owned ......and trust me iv fired a lot of rifles from .177 air all the way to 50cal HMG.

you will loose a fortune if you ever come to sell it, sorry for the bad news, i sold an fac rapid 12 in 20cal with a good scope, bottle and gauge and loads of pellets for £350 earlier this year, fac air is a small market and even second hand values reflect this. at over 9lb i wouldn't want to be holding it over anything for very long. i dont want to destroy rabbits just control them as efficiently as possible and the rimfire a fine tool for this, is fox actually specified on your fac or do you assume its covered by the vermin word?

I'm covered in every way possible.

9lb isn't that much Jees, I carried a SA80 loaded every day for 6 months solid that's 11lb, 9lb is fine really. All though the rifle is long

But I use a set of vanguard tripods which are immense. Mine are the three tier ones so I can shoot from sitting kneeling or standing.

And so what if it doesn't hold it's value, iv supported a British made piece remarkable engineering by one of the finest air rifle manufacture's in the business.

But yeah like you say each to their own. It's what I wanted, it's what I saved up for, and it's what I brought.

I'm covered in every way possible.

9lb isn't that much Jees, I carried a SA80 loaded every day for 6 months solid that's 11lb, 9lb is fine really. All though the rifle is long

But I use a set of vanguard tripods which are immense. Mine are the three tier ones so I can shoot from sitting kneeling or standing.

And so what if it doesn't hold it's value, iv supported a British made piece remarkable engineering by one of the finest air rifle manufacture's in the business.

But yeah like you say each to their own. It's what I wanted, it's what I saved up for, and it's what I brought.

the slr was a far better rifle :tongue2::tongue2::laugh::laugh:

Lol yes I agree, but way before my era, we have brought back the 7.62 now, it's a niece piece of kit. But the privates seem to get all the fun now, iv I have to fire something has gone very wrong.

the elephant gun made up for the inability of everyone to be a good shoot, hit anywhere and the shock compensated for any inaccuracy :laugh: