Hi from Australia

Hi people

have been looking on here for a while and thought I better say G'day.

Am from Victoria and am on a 15,000 acre farm.We run sheep and cattle as well as crop and am very keen on terriers, have Jack Russells and one Border (am very interested in Patterdales but not many in Australia). I have been reading with interest the terrier forum and find the info facinating.

We have a lot of big trees on our property and get alot of foxs out of the trees, occasionaly have had to climb up 50 feet or so to get dogs out of hollow limbs as they have climbed up following a fox, fox has jumped and the dogs are not quite as game and a bit smarter!! Will try and find a few pics and put them up.

Well all the best to you all and look forward to participating in the forums

Marcos

Hello Marcos.

Its good to see another Aussie on here.

Where abouts in Vic are you? I'm 30minutes south of Ballarat.

The Patterdales are few and far between around here. But they do pop up occasionally.

I've got a Pat cross litter due on Sunday (but i think she will drop before then)

Cheers mate,

Ozzy

Hi Ozzy

am out Hamilton way, I have one 1/4 Patterdale, buy my old dog out of a 1/2 patt bitch about 9 months and a scitzo, really nice little girl having a go on top of the ground and is going into dens for a look around. we have pulled up on dens now due to the Joe Blakes (snakes ), will have to catch up

Cheers to you

Marcos

Ozzy

going to look at Carrisbrook, hope to get a good look at the Patterdales, plus JRT and hope theres a few Borders I'll take a few with me and have a bit of fun.

Not real worried about the Black snakes, weve seen a heap of Tigers and not keen on getting any where near them ( me or the dogs ) we had a big fox hunt organized for fathers day and had to call it off. For those who don't know a Tiger snake is right up the top of the list for poisonous snakes in the world.

Hope you have a good litter of pups and would like to get a look at them, whats the breeding?

Cheers

Marcos

Ozzy

going to look at Carrisbrook, hope to get a good look at the Patterdales, plus JRT and hope theres a few Borders I'll take a few with me and have a bit of fun.

Not real worried about the Black snakes, weve seen a heap of Tigers and not keen on getting any where near them ( me or the dogs ) we had a big fox hunt organized for fathers day and had to call it off. For those who don't know a Tiger snake is right up the top of the list for poisonous snakes in the world.

Hope you have a good litter of pups and would like to get a look at them, whats the breeding?

Cheers

Marcos

I'd shit it if I saw an Adder out ferreting :icon_eek: thats got a bite just abit more painful than a bee/wasp I think!!! lol. welcome to the group :drink:
Hi Ozzy

am out Hamilton way, I have one 1/4 Patterdale, buy my old dog out of a 1/2 patt bitch about 9 months and a scitzo, really nice little girl having a go on top of the ground and is going into dens for a look around. we have pulled up on dens now due to the Joe Blakes (snakes ), will have to catch up

Cheers to you

Marcos

:clapper: Aussie rhyming slang :doh: well I'll be chicken and ducked :haha:

Welcome to the forum Marcos..........................Martin.

Ozzy

Cheers

Marcos

The tiger snakes are also cranky little feckers. I've been chased once or twice :blink:

Marcos, I'll be at Carrisbrook with a young Tenterfield Terrier male. Hes big for my line, but is coming on nicely.

I also hope to see the brother of the Patterdale I had.

Anytime your heading east, just send me a PM on here, and your welcome to see my dogs.

The father of the litter is a Pat that was bred by a guy in NSW. A mate of mine has seen his parents work pigs at Cobar. According to the papers, he was line bred on Goulds Spartacus :blink: He was a big boy at 10 kilo. He was PTS a few weeks ago.

The mother is out of my best digging dog (Tenterfield) and a brindle bitch :hmm: She is about 8.5 kilo, so i expect the pups to be around 9 k at maturity.

Cheers,

Ozzy

15,000 acres eh, if only I had that permission :notworthy: I'd poop coming across venomous snakes when hunting although the venom of the Inland Taipan, coastal taipan and brown snake are more potent than the Tiger snake so what are you worrying about. :whistling::laugh:

Welcome aboard :thumbs: