Binoculars.....

I have a pair of binoculars at the moment that aren't really up to much and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regards a decent ( not expensive) pair, I don't mind buying 2nd hand and would be looking to spend around 100, thanks......john :thumbs:

I have a pair of binoculars at the moment that aren't really up to much and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regards a decent ( not expensive) pair, I don't mind buying 2nd hand and would be looking to spend around 100, thanks......john :thumbs:

Hmm

without a bit of luck, you`ll struggle at £100

Maybe a pair of Ebay ziess, (the old ones)

Keep an eye out for Opticron (superb)

Minox

Leupold (meh, but good glass)

Meopta

Nikon

Got a pair of the aforementioned Carl Zeiss Jena Jenoptem 8x30W, off the bay a couple of years ago in mint condition for £68, I use them when stalking and their brilliant, if your going for a pair of these make sure the Ser. No. has seven digits as the Japs copied them and they only have six digits, and are of poor quality. :thumbs:

• Like 2

. Di

. Bob am know good at links put the link up for the bpo 7x 30 mate

Hmm

without a bit of luck, you`ll struggle at £100

Maybe a pair of Ebay ziess, (the old ones)

Keep an eye out for Opticron (superb)

Minox

Leupold (meh, but good glass)

Meopta

Nikon

Got a pair of the aforementioned Carl Zeiss Jena Jenoptem 8x30W, off the bay a couple of years ago in mint condition for £68, I use them when stalking and their brilliant, if your going for a pair of these make sure the Ser. No. has seven digits as the Japs copied them and they only have six digits, and are of poor quality. :thumbs:

Not convinced by that online opinion

They may have been subcontracted Jap binos, which doesn`t make them fake. Jap glass is good stuff, Think Tasco, Nikon Opticron etc

Chinese fakes are piss poor so I reckon he might just be lumping Jap and Chinese in together

They may have been subcontracted Jap binos, which doesn`t make them fake. Jap glass is good stuff, Think Tasco, Nikon Opticron etc

Chinese fakes are piss poor so I reckon he might just be lumping Jap and Chinese in together

. Go for them Russian ones ive had them for years took some right stick ive just orderd a pair

Yes agree Rake, Japanese glass nowadays are good, have some myself, their cameras and lenses are brill, but we're talking about the mechanics and back in the days before the wall came down.

Edited by bob.243

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/9052134853c8245824742178/Bushnell+8+-+16+x+42mm+Infinity+Zoom+Rubber+Armoured+Binocular/

I had a pair of bushnells years ago and they were about that price range and very good for the price ....but struggled in low light ......there is not much difference between 100-300 pound binoculars but once you get to the 400 mark they start getting better ...its the same with scopes

Hmm £100 & decent binos doesn't equate. Understand the cash limit but anything in that price range will be quite poor especially in low light conditions. That's why Swaro & Zeiss stuff cost nearly a grand.

Anything less is a compromise IMO but I guess not all can afford good glass. You may get lucky on Ebay etc. I got my Zeiss RF's for a grand. Shouldve cost £1800.

Edited by fireblade_rrw
  • Like 1