Firearms Application

I am going to apply for my firearms certificatebut need advice on the folowing.

I have 3 farms to shoot on

But only one farmer is willing to give me written permission.

Do i need written permission on all the land i wish to shoot on.

Thanks in advance

shotguns and rifles can be stored in the same cabinet mate, you will need a deep one to accomodate scopes as slipper stated. I also have one with a seperate ammo safe built in ( brattonsound) or purchase a seperate ammo safe which you can pick up quite cheap on fleabay.

Good luck in your application...what rifles are you going for :thumbs:

Why wont the other farmers not give you written permision? What i did is printed of letters which just stated my name/address etc and left blank spaces for each farmer/land owner to sign stating that i ....mr bla bla has permision to shoot on my land... mr blaa blaa of ( there address/contact number ) with rifles/shotguns he/she is granted to use by the issuing police force.

Along them lines anyway and i always keep copies in my truck just incase the police ever do come out.

I had one letter of permission and my fire arms cert was granted on that and I just shot the rest, you can store a rifle in beside your shotguns as long as your shotguns aren,t shared with somebody else

Right you need to be careful here, some farmers can be very funny when it comes to permission letters, if you give out the tel number ect of the farmers not willing to give you letters are you sure they will back you up WHEN the police ring or write to them? Secondly, assuming you are granted a .17hmr on the one area of land you will get a letter on, are the other areas passed for .17hmr or above? As you will not be granted an open ticket, so will only be allowed to use the rifle on ground passed up to or over .17hmr, I would ring the firearms dept and ask them what each area of ground is passed for (its all on computer) because if farmer giles and farmer palmer wont give you a letter of permission, you can bet your bottom dollar, they wont want the police turning out to inspect their land, if you have any more questions please ask, so you get this right first time :thumbs:

I personally wouldn't go on any land without written permission to shoot it, there has been a case lately of armed trespass as the person shooting on the said land thought he had verbal permission from the owner but it turned out to be just a farm worker. the land owner got rather upset ! get it in writing first.

• Like 1