Irish/english Bred Saluki Lurcher Vs Arab Bred Dog Whats The Better Dog?

have any off you serious coarsers ever had the privilege of seeing the other types run in their countries? and would you match your own dogs against any

I have spent my life with them and would run them against any dogs in uk or ireland there are dogs and dogs

are they better than your dogs now of just he same if theyre using greyhounds I them

Any Coo saluki breeder worth thier salt keeps them pure, the Arabs who are into gambling try to introduce x,s to try to increase speed not seen a greyhound or lurcher here yet that could run for 2 km which is a short jog for most decent pures in thier homelands.. I have seen Coo that are very fast and over distances more than 750/800 metres would piss on any track greyhound. The terrain and the weather play a great part in the kind of run a dog puts in. Saluki saturated x,s seem to dominate the better end of the coursing dogs here the low percentage of grey or whippet are for a injection of the whizz bang quality that is liked by a lot of coursers here. .I would like to see how long these would last on the back of a gazelle or jackal out on the sand not long would be my estimation.. The pures have evolved over thousands of years and quality ones will run and adjust to the place and quarry they are run on , a suggestion was made that they wouldnt do well here because to many places to hide, pure rubbish there are many pures that will work cover and box off just as good as the whizz bangers only they have more wind than the 2/3 minute wonders.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 4

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

english bred saluki yorkshire bred gyr trained and hunted in yorkshire

english bred pure kc registered smooth saluki bred by paul sagar, he's 9 years old now with 7 good hunting seasons under his belt his dam was Rabbaa Jarbou,owned by paul sagar, she was a smooth Griz

if there is a will there is a way. The arguments which are better Coo,s or uk and x breds is irrelevant people should utalise and try to improve on what they have. The impression that Coos are slower

Posted Images

have any off you serious coarsers ever had the privilege of seeing the other types run in their countries? and would you match your own dogs against any

I have spent my life with them and would run them against any dogs in uk or ireland there are dogs and dogs

are they better than your dogs now of just he same if theyre using greyhounds I them

Any Coo saluki breeder worth thier salt keeps them pure, the Arabs who are into gambling try to introduce x,s to try to increase speed not seen a greyhound or lurcher here yet that could run for 2 km which is a short jog for most decent pures in thier homelands.. I have seen Coo that are very fast and over distances more than 750/800 metres would piss on any track greyhound. The terrain and the weather play a great part in the kind of run a dog puts in. Saluki saturated x,s seem to dominate the better end of the coursing dogs here the low percentage of grey or whippet are for a injection of the whizz bang quality that is liked by a lot of coursers here. .I would like to see how long these would last on the back of a gazelle or jackal out on the sand not long would be my estimation.. The pures have evolved over thousands of years and quality ones will run and adjust to the place and quarry they are run on , a suggestion was made that they wouldnt do well here because to many places to hide, pure rubbish there are many pures that will work cover and box off just as good as the whizz bangers only they have more wind than the 2/3 minute wonders.

id say there very few lurcher that couldnt run 2 km there was one on here last week an half that was the slip

id say there very few lurcher that couldnt run 2 km there was one on here last week an half that was the slip

you think most lurchers would put in a 2km run on a single course and a 1km slip are you for real?

you think most lurchers would put in a 2km run on a single course and a 1km slip are you for real?

are you for real, if a man can run a mile in 4 mins what amount ground could a dog cover

we are talking dogs not man now I have seen some of the wizz bangers blowing out thier arse after a minute and a half minute course but tell me more about this 1 km slip and this dog of yours does it course much and do yo slip that 1 km?

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

we are talking dogs not man now I have seen some of the wizz bangers blowing out thier arse after a minute and a half minute course but tell me more about this 1 km slip and this dog of yours does it course much and do yo slip that 1 km?

where did i say it was mine, 2 km roughly 1.3 mile was stated on here last week that a dog was slipped near a half mile, i find it hard to believe myself but there ya go. anyway back to these dogs that cant cover 2 km when a greyhound can cover 1000m in 70 sec

that's quick !! but remember banter they are fkd after it and cant keep that up they load up with acidociss they are fast twitch muscled dogs not long distance runners ;)

i know they are an it wouldnt be long after it a saluki lurcher would been leaving it behind, point im making is 2km is nothing