Come Home Empty Handed Again

sull85

Got to the permision about 10 thismorning get an our in at the woodies, had a nice steady walk to where they usually are , couldnt see a bloody thing as the sun was shining in my face.

Had a quick pause and a look round before id even spotted them they was off, must of been 15 woodies out of four trees.

Get into some cover waited about 15 minutes spotted something and thought it cant be and it was. A squizzer NEVER spotted one here till today, managed to get about 40yds struggled to get a head shot alot of thin branches from the surrounding trees, thought id go for heart and lung.. Three shots later id hit the same twig every time, squirrel still not moved heard the twig snap stuck his fingers up and fooked off

Hung around abit longer noting came so called it a day. Atb rich

• Like 1

i hate to say this but yup, its because of 1 or more of a 100 reasons... had many a day or night mownin amoungst our selves as to why n what if's lol...

but, one sinario is there aint enough to be shooting at really..thats just one sinario. Baickly if your can get there enough times a week and it gets to the point you see the odd one of those a couple of them etc, from there you stop shooting and bide your time untill the scavenger types have a boom in the living space, you kull them back to a few then observe keenly as each increase untill its 'balenced' from there its picking out the sick or the odd few to keep that balence.

the first sign its nearly there is you'll say something like 'wtf is that bird?' itta a rare species lmao!! and yeh i've bin there, just after that the blue tits come in and pillage every scrap of food going...but thats a diferent story.

the year after the blue tits 'go away by them selves hehehe' things bloom...it becomes the preverbal walk in the nature reserve lol. (contact deffra btw..or who evers getting payed overly to hide from publick contact about any species that turns up in droves stripping all food out).

it might just be me but the woods 'wake up' and blossom when the jobs done right.

back on track though, the weather turned weird here couple days ago, a weird lighting even for autumn light, and a lull of deathly silence, i've noticed the wild life disapears on these weird days. (it may be alien abduction but you'd need a lotta lsd to beleive that lolol).

the eye of a storm can be wicked for lamp shy rabbits...red filter :thumbs:

Edited by ghillies

Saw a cock pheasant the other day ghillies had him in the cross hairs the other day then thought hes the only one i see and would be a shame to see him go lol nice to watch him from time to time

always a good sign when you know who n whats about lol..