Puppy Food

HI all just wondering if any of you bother with a dedicated puppy food or just start straight on the food they will have when there older? i know they can have to much protein at a young age but most puppy biscuits ive found have more than normal adult food?

any advise would be great thanks

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This must be one of the most asked questions on here apart from "what's the best all rounder". Lol.   And if 10 lads reply you will get 10 different answers.   I started my pup off on gain puppy

Most problems come from an imbalance in calcium, vitamin D etc rather than the amount of protein. I raised my last on a base of 24% protein complete and he turned out well.

Gaz is bird your dad?

Posted Images

This must be one of the most asked questions on here apart from "what's the best all rounder". Lol.

And if 10 lads reply you will get 10 different answers.

I started my pup off on gain puppy and sapling which is 28%. Aswell as feeding tripe, chicken mince, wings, necks, carcasses, veg, fruit, brown bread and pasta.

By about 10 weeks old her front legs started bowing which I personally think was due to her growing faster than her legs could handle - too much protein maybe?

I put her on a low protein dry food (10%) for 2 weeks and they straightened right up.

Since then I haven't bothered with dry food except to leave her a few biscuits when I go to work and she's on the same diet as my older bitch (tripe, chicken mince, beef mince, wings, necks, carcasses, veg, fruit, brown bread, oats and pasta).

However I know lads that have reared pups on dry puppy completes with no problems whatsoever. I'm sure the puppy foods have more calcium, vitamin D etc than the adult completes but I could be wrong.

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply gaz i did follow your thread actually for abit about your pups legs glad there better now. my pup will be mainly on dry food but will try and add some raw meat into his diet so i might go straight for the food i intend on feeding him in the future which works out much cheaper aswell.

cheers

Thanks for the reply gaz i did follow your thread actually for abit about your pups legs glad there better now. my pup will be mainly on dry food but will try and add some raw meat into his diet so i might go straight for the food i intend on feeding him in the future which works out much cheaper aswell.

cheers

What pup have you had pal? How old?

Her legs are sound now at 4 months...

292F79C9-CA97-4171-A2C0-7B65287131AB_zps

post-67326-0-58288300-1385635669_thumb.jpg

im getting this 11 week old on saturday dams a bull collie grey and sires a collie grey whippet.

didnt really want a bull but comes from working parents and a freind owns the parents so thought why not, another mate has also got his brother so be quite fun on how different they are and how good they become as they will be doing alot together when there older.

pups looking great mate i must say abit of a looker really nice colours

dog 2.jpg

im getting this 11 week old on saturday dams a bull collie grey and sires a collie grey whippet.

didnt really want a bull but comes from working parents and a freind owns the parents so thought why not, another mate has also got his brother so be quite fun on how different they are and how good they become as they will be doing alot together when there older.

Nice pup that mate. Nothing wrong with a bit of bull at all.

Sure I've asked you before but where in stoke are you from? PM if you prefer.

• Like 1

Most problems come from an imbalance in calcium, vitamin D etc rather than the amount of protein. I raised my last on a base of 24% protein complete and he turned out well.

There's a very good chance that I didn't quite get the balance right in the early days. And those couple of weeks on a complete was enough to straighten them up.

thanks mate did you start him on puppy food or straight in for what he would be brought up on?

dog 2.jpg

not actually from stoke mate just outside shrewsbury but for all my sins follow the potters lol what about you?

dog 2.jpg

not actually from stoke mate just outside shrewsbury but for all my sins follow the potters lol what about you?

I'm 10 mins from Britannia stadium mate.

At break of day when that man drove away i was waiting

ooooooooooooo

I crossed the street to her house and she opened the door

ooooooooooooo

she stood there laughing

HA HA HA HA

i put my dick in her hand and she laughed no more

ooooooooooooo

why why why delilah

why why why delilah

• Like 1

Not been since I was a kid mate. Got be 10 years since I was there. Can't be arsed with the aggro now. Still try to follow them best I can.

its so bloody exspensive aswell now. do you find it tough to get and rabbit ground living there?