Last Few Sessions.

pointer

I tried her out lamping this week on a few rabbits but she was striking down just behind them. I don't know if she was losing sight of them at the last minute as she went in.They all ran straight ahead so the light might have been blotted out.I think it would be easier if someone else did the lamping and I just slipped the hawk. Good fun anyway.

Mate it can be difficult at first, I have always found that if you lead the rabbit(assuming its going side to side) with the beam, just a little, as if you were shooting it with a shotgun, the bird tends to get ahead just a tad more and grabs the head, rather than the arse, which might not be the end of the world with a female harris or a redtail, but with a male harris its going to get dragged around rodeo style, keep at it and it will come together.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn't get out in the week due to work and Saturday was a series of misses, the hawk just couldn't seem to get on terms with stuff in the wind. She did have a long flight on a pheasant and I lost

The squirrels normally escape into the ivy covered trees, the one today was running up and down and around a big bare oak and it still out smarted her. Very frustrating but I have to admire it lol.

At least you're catching stuff mate........funny game isn't it.....it either seems to be highs or lows sometimes

I couldn't get out in the week due to work and Saturday was a series of misses, the hawk just couldn't seem to get on terms with stuff in the wind. She did have a long flight on a pheasant and I lost sight of her, after a few minutes I started tracking with the telemetry but she found me again.

Yesterday we went up the dales but the wind was ridiculous, we found a bankside sheltered slightly but it was clear that she was struggling and missed the three rabbits that were bolted. After that we headed back to the car as she was being blown off the glove and it had started to rain. We then took the lurchers out for an hour and they marked sets all the way round so maybe on another day we might do better there with the hawk.

01F84F73-FE56-4E48-9CCE-EC855C5142EB.jpg

• Like 2