Dog Entering By Mistake

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Enjoy your terrier lad and forget about the experts on here ....I had terriers as a kid and done all sorts of hunting with them made a few mistakes along the way but that's life .... but get yoursel

. Dangerous manovour , terrier coming up behind pushing an inexperienced terrier into an unknown qarry !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkshire kid,we've all been in the situation you describe at some point and in the most unlikely places,I've lost dogs to ground in local parks,golf courses,etc just letting the kids take them for a

Or keep him on the lead

. Or post what if lol
you would knock a lad for not knowing so don't knock him for asking!
. Carnt you read or cant you understand you should have said what if as every one thought you had a trapped terrier Edited by gonetoearth

Or keep him on the lead

. Or post what if lol
you would knock a lad for not knowing so don't knock him for asking!
. Carnt you read or cant you understand you should have said what if as every one thought you had a trapped terrier
just you that thinks that. I'm not hear to argue was just trying to learn and be prepared for any situation

It's only you that is making a fuss. So what if I'm only asking least in the future if it ever happens I will know what to do /how to avoid it/ give my self the best chances. What would you rather me do start a post and wait for a reply as my dog is to ground don't think so pal.

It's only you that is making a fuss. So what if I'm only asking least in the future if it ever happens I will know what to do /how to avoid it/ give my self the best chances. What would you rather me do start a post and wait for a reply as my dog is to ground don't think so pal.

. No ones making a fuss read again MY OR POST WHAT IF LOL. You came back with. Whine yorkie. Lol. Good luck with you terries though

It always amazes me why someone would get a breed of dog that's been bred for many generations to go to ground for maybe many hours.

Not only could you loose your terrier but you could also end up yourself in front of the Magistrate for interfering with a badger sett.

Not only that but when a terrier goes to ground while out bushing you'll probably have to make a trip back to a vehicle to get tools to find and dig to your terrier.

What's to stop the terrier bolting it's quarry and following it. When you get back your terrier might be miles away.

Anyways, a good springer spaniel makes a better dog in covert than any terrier, plus they're more obedient.

Mind you, the way a lot of terriers are bred nowadays if one got to ground on you you just wait 15 or 20 minutes and it will be out beside you.

• Like 2

Well my pat wasn't bred out of earth dogs and his bushing style suits me so I'm happy with my choice. I started the subject to help myself and my dogs in the field. About the "badger situation" there are non on my permission and I avoid them like the plague I don't even look twice at one never mind let my dog off near one. So if my dog came out of a fox set after 15 mins that would be ideal! Thanks yorkshire-kid