Sandwell Fieldsports Visit

Now I know a lot gets said and debated about this particular shop on here, so I thought I'd share my experience for no other reason than will become obvious.

I was travelling home up the M5 today, the M6 looked horrendous from all angles so I thought I'd hop off at J2 and take the opportunity to see the shop for myself.

First impressions were good, I like a shop that has a good selection of kit and a variety of price points, and this place has tons of stuff from budget to high end. Nice.

I was greeted nicely and within minutes the lady in there (Tracy?) had brought me a cuppa and we were having a chin wag. Now these folks don't know me from Adam, they didn't (and still dont) know I'm a THL'er, I never mentioned it. I was only buying a few little bits, tin of pellets, cleaning patches etc.. only came to £20 all in but this didn't matter, I was treated like a big spender all the same.

It was obvious most of the customers in there were regulars as the staff knew them all by name, which is a good sign. Tony was busy with a customer and fielding phone calls so I didn't get to chat with him myself, but to everyone he was chatting to on the phone he was polite and very helpful, ordering in this, putting on hold that. Great service. A country mile from some RFD's I've been in!

I'm aware there are some prominent fans of SFS on THL, and I'm not writing this to suck up to anyone, whether they're on here or in the "real" world. I've no need to. I like a lot of you guys and respect the shooting that goes on, but in the nicest possible way I'm not that bothered whether you like me back, I'm a bit old for those kind of games!

I just want to give credit where it's due, same as I would to any gun shop that impressed me, famous or not! There's a reason SFS has a good reputation, it's a bloody good shop.

Jim

Edited by WoodsmanJim
  • Like 13

Thanks Jim for the post - Ive spoken to Tony on the phone a couple of times now and never felt rushed......Im visiting him on Wednesday to discuss the Imp and a lightweight pcp......I am looking forward to the cuppa :-)

Cheers

Tim

its a top place to pop in and have a catch up I find Saturday's good as they always a bit of snap on offer, I have had three riffle's and a shot gun from them plus bits and bobs over the years and always walked away happy...jack

hi guys im at sfs on a weekly basis wouldnt shop anywhere else the last 4 rifles ive had were from tony and any problems ive had tony has sorted strait away ive even popped in just to use the 20yrd range to do pellet tests with tonys pellets free of charge sfs is the best shop i know of and there the nicest bunch of guys going and trace makes a lovely cuppa and if they can help in any way they will you cant ask for anything more than that you could say im now a loyal customer of sfs

Picked up my Imp yesterday and have to say i've honestly never felt welcomed like that before.Was there 2hrs but it only felt like 5 mins,Tony set up my rangfinder while i was looking at a scope,talked about loads of different aspects of airguns and even though the Imp is my 3rd SFS gun and that was my 1st visit it certainly wont be my last.That's how to run a business,put the customer 1st from arriving to leaving.

I totally agree with the top thread. My job used to take me past there once every two to three months. I've bought a battery lamp clothes decoys on various visits as well as picking their brains on various rifles.

There is usually a brew in your hand within minutes and other time a brew and black pudding.

First class place.

I have spoken to Tony on the phone and found him very polite and friendly he offered me some good advise on my BSA superstar, I must make the effort to pop over to SFS and have a look, I have watched a lot of Si's videos and found them very interesting and informative as we all know Si and Davy are greatly imprest with Tony's tuning.

Good shooting.

Sweet Pea