Trying To Get My 1St Permission......oxfordshire

Hi everyone, new here. I've been shooting air rifles since I was 15, now 31. Looking at getting into hunting as it's always interested me. Been lurking on the forums for a while and I am looking to get my first permission. I have sent 30 letters out today using an adapted template I found on the forum. So fingers crossed! I was going to follow these up with visits in a couple of weeks.

Anyone have any tips or advice for me?

1,DRESS SMARTLY .2 do not put eny camo gear on , all ways be polite even if they tell you to ******* off as you may get the perm next door and if you do a good job on that one you may get the one that told you to **** off as farmers talk and word of mouth go,s along way and the offer of help to if he needs eny jobs dun around the farm offer to give him a hand and insurance show them your certificate your hand is your best weapon, KNOCK and KNOCK again atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Brilliant thanks for the advice mate, so do you think letters are a waste of time? Or a good introduction point?

Also do you think it would be worth getting a local mentor if I can so I become a known face around here to start with, this was my other idea. The only problem I had with that is I thought why, when they are so hard to get would anyone want to let me go out with them.

I'll follow the letters up with visits for now and go from there I think...

Brilliant advice thanks Timmytree! Will get on the motorbike and have a ride round and have a good look around locally and then maybe further afield. I like the idea of printing the map off with the boundaries, footpaths etc. a real easy way and as I read somewhere else it's easy to throw a letter in the bin not as easy when someone is there talking sense to you :)

Good luck mate its respect what gets you in there and determination when i got a farm years ago i had stopped knocking as it was hoying down with rain but thought i will just pop in one more as i introduced myself he said stain in so you dont get soaked and ended up with a cupper and the permission so im not saying go dripping wet im saying keep on trying and best of luck stewie

Good luck mate, I had same prob but I've now got 5 permissions :-)

Letters didn't work for me, but created some flyers and the permissions just keep coming, I put some examples on a post a while back mate if you want to check it out in future.

Good luck again !!!!