My Toys (Updated)

Oh.....!! You have some patience.

I would have had a 500w halogen spotlight mounted on the scope and would be shooting the crap out of everything in the garden by now.

I'm not so fussed about the grouping as you may be a shit shot. How it handles and shoots etc is what I'm interested in.

Atvb ;)

I tried getting the day off work but failed,lol

I don't want to shoot it at night because it's rather loud (sounds like a whip cracking), which is why I spent a little time shopping in order to keep my neighbours at bay...

But, I'm gonna put a few through it on Sunday and will post my findings :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, finally got what I wanted.....twice  

ME TOO! Stunning little toy mate, smashing... and I thought I'd had a good day ordering a new gun slip and some heavy pellets.... pffft

Haha

Posted Images

Ok....

Day off today, so got my FX Bobcat .22 and my Weihrauch HW100KT .177 zeroed in....

Refilled both to 200 bar....

Out of the box, here are the groupings using a full mag at 25 yards....

First up the HW100 using AA Diablo Field 8.4gr - 14 shots....

post-75259-0-90488000-1381061977_thumb.jpg

Next the Bobcat using H&N Field Target Trophy 14.66gr - 12 shots....

post-75259-0-25268100-1381062018_thumb.jpg

Out of the box, I'm pleased with the results.... (Obviously they've not bedded in yet neither)

The cocking mechanism of the Bobcat is really good. Very similar to the Weihrauch.

The loading of the HW100 feels ever so slightly smoother, however, I think this is down to the H & N Pellets, as some of the skirts don't look in the best of condition, so will be purchasing some AA Diablo Fields for the Bobcat too and will update my findings....

The Bobcat fits in the shoulder nice, and the adjustable butt pad is also a bonus.

The cheek piece on the Bobcat is positioned really well.

There are 3 power settings on the Bobcat, but I left it the highest setting so I've not tried the lowest.

The Bobcat is loud, well loud enough to make my neighbours close their doors this fine Sunday in Hull :icon_redface: (I have ordered a moderator they'll be pleased to know)....

All in all, I'm very pleased with both rifles, as I'm sure once they're bedded in, they'll work even better.

To be honest, if I had purchased the Bobcat first, I probably wouldn't have even bothered getting an HW100, however, I'm still keeping it :whistling:

Would I recommend the Bobcat - HELL YEAH :thumbs:

• Like 1

in my .22 hw100 the rws superfield looked like a shotgun had hit the target at 35 yds but the jsb and AA fields were 5p sized groups everytime. and im not the best shot in the world. but yes the hw100 .177 should do a lot better than that mate, try a few different brands of pellets :thumbs:

So did mine Skot when I tried them. However in .177 lots of people seem to have great results

• 2 weeks later...

In the HW 100 try Daystate heavies or JSB heavies 10 .3gr both are the same pellet and fantastic and great for long range shooting as well

After 3 mags through, it appears to have sorted itself out now.

This was yesterdays results at 35 yards with the AA Diablo Fields :thumbs:

post-75259-0-64045100-1381943128_thumb.jpg