Steadying Up On Rabbits

Thanks Hily

He will do the job of that I have no doubt but I'm taking my time with him as they mature slowly, he has had a few days on the grouse and a couple of days rough shooting but it would be madness to take him on a syndicate shoot until he is older and is 100%. He is just too fast and covers too much ground to let loose and not have full control

Thanks Wideboy, yes I am chuffed to bits really he has just really started coming into his own and is showing a lot of promise I hope to get a couple of trials and a spring pointing test done next year then he will just return to being a normal working dog.

She is really steping up her game to be honest mate she is nearly 16 months now and starting to come into her own.

Shot a few rabbits, pigeons and crows over her now and she has handled it well, i have not and will not use her on the Ducks this season, although she will retrieve from water, i just dont have the control when she is in the water compared to on land.

We are on the Grouse next week end, then end of October i have over 30 days booked in so we will see how she faires.

Do or die i think mate. :thumbs:

Did you shoot any rabbits last week or just go up for training control?