Keeper Said I Can Shoot Some Of His Pheasants. Help Feeding Pheasants In

BEEN TALKING TO THE GAME KEEPER NEXT TO MY PERMISION WHERE I SHOOT AND HE SAID I CAN PUT SOME FEEDERS ON MY PERMISION AND THE PHEASANTS WILL COME ON THE LAND WHERE I SHOOT , HE SAID I CAN SHOOT THEM WHEN THE SEASON STARTS (NICE OF HIM REALLY) , NOW THE QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS IS WHERE DO I PUT THE FEEDERS FOR EXAMPLE WOODS, ROUGHS, HEDGES EXT AND WHAT FOOD DO I PUT IN THEM ??? ALL HELP AND ADVICE WELCOME thanks LK

Well mate I should start with hoppers right on the boundry with a mix of wheat, maize and aniseed as the birds start to feed from then slowly start to move them nearer the center of your permission using the hedge rows as cover and if you get chance dog them in off the boundry pushing them further onto your ground if the divvy is happy for you to do it then you might as well do it properly

Edited to add use metal feeders cause like the c**t that tried it on me last found out if you use plastic ones they end up a large blue melted puddle in the middle of one of your fields lol

Edited by danw
  • Like 6

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has the gamekeeper hit his head lately?

Well mate I should start with hoppers right on the boundry with a mix of wheat, maize and aniseed as the birds start to feed from then slowly start to move them nearer the center of your permission us

either the keeper or the lad who started this topic............I don't believe that one bit............ the truth is your trying to bring the birds inn...........