Trophy Shields

Hi,

Where is the best place to buy a head boiler from? I have a big pot if necessary but would rather just get something proper to do the job that i plug in and leave.

Also, for shileds, is Bushwear the easiest place to get them or is there somewherer cheaper/better?

Thanks

What you cooking? I think a contained element tea urn style contraption would be pretty handy which come in different sizes / widths. I currently use a big pot and get a bollocking every time from the wife... I was on the naughty step for ages with this one:

394af6e0-f26d-47fc-87cd-36241fb25662_zps

As for shields they all seem to be pretty similar, and pretty expensive imo - bushwear are as good a source as any, StalkersUK also do them and then there's always ebay?

• Like 1

Bloody hell Matt that munty was bigger than I thought !!! that must be gold all the way .......

AD I use a big tea urn to boil heads of ,picked it up it up at a boot fair for a fiver because it had no lid , the shields are a piece of cake to make yourself , jigsaw , router is about all you need .not forgetting the wood ... :yes:

• Like 2

Bloody hell Matt that munty was bigger than I thought !!! that must be gold all the way .......

AD I use a big tea urn to boil heads of ,picked it up it up at a boot fair for a fiver because it had no lid , the shields are a piece of cake to make yourself , jigsaw , router is about all you need .not forgetting the wood ... :yes:

You should have seen his incisors - it was him or me :yes:

Agreed on the shields - a lot of the shop bought ones are simple spliced hardwood and not that good quality, a bit of skip diving should throw up a few nice bit of quality timber and basic woodworking knowhow should do the rest.